Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionIntroducing... Real Life Articles?! EmptyIntroducing... Real Life Articles?!

more_horiz
Greetings, folks. Most of you know me as Jin, a former Administrator here. I'm not up to taking Administrative work. However, I am proud to say I have chosen to focus on Articles, and I will post articles for you guys to review. Not only that, I'll post articles about special events.

I am a judge for Konami, I attend Yugioh weekly, and there is a Regionals coming up on the 25th of September. I fully intend on getting my invite and attending 2011 Nationals.

Anyhow. I'll give you a summary of last week's results.

I was playing Chaos Monarchs. (I will not provide a decklist, but I will say this is the most consistent deck in my region.)

1st round: Against fairies
My opponent drew badly both games. I know the player - he's a real strategist - but somehow didn't fit everything in to this deck, unfortunately.

1-0

2nd round: Machinas
I am teching Cyber Dragons, and have a copy of Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.
Game 1: He summons a Cyber Dragon and a Machina, which I promptly scoop up and toss to his graveyard for my Chimeratech. He scoops.
Game 2: Ryko hits both my Cyber Dragons and I don't recover.
Game 3: I attack into Limiter Removal and my Book of Moon is nowhere to be found.

1-1

At this point, I'm convinced I won't even make the top 5, but I play on:

3rd round: Quick Draw
Game 1: He draws terrible, I draw terrible, but I find a Dandylion and start sacrificing monarchs like nothing. He eventually is forced to scoop.
Game 2: He draws terrible again, I draw well, and the duel is quickly over.

2-1

4th round: Machinas

AGAIN I face Machinas. However, this time it seems like I am better prepared:
Game 1: I lie in wait with three Battle Faders, Cyber Dragon and Solemn Judgment, letting him fall into my plan. The game is over in 5 turns.

Game 2: His Machinas overrun my deck.

Game 3: We go into a time situation, 8 turns left. I have a monarch, he has a spell/trap. He draws and can't play, I draw and attack, he draws and sets a monster, I blow it away with Caius but he torrentials. At the 6th turn I have game, though I did have Battle Fader in my hand and had advantage in life points.

Results:

3-1

Overall: 2nd

It was a double tournament tonight, therefore double the prize support. I got three packs of Hidden Arsenal and 3 packs of Duelist Revolution. It's all junk. Meanwhile, teammate who wins one pack pulls Fabled Raven. *sigh*.

I am happy about second, though - it shows how consistent this deck is. Tournament had 15 people.

-Jin

descriptionIntroducing... Real Life Articles?! EmptyRe: Introducing... Real Life Articles?!

more_horiz
Really interisting article . short and no much to learn .. it's more like a small usefull lesson about stratigies and combos. good job as expected from ya jin ....

descriptionIntroducing... Real Life Articles?! EmptyRe: Introducing... Real Life Articles?!

more_horiz
These articles are not too much on the 'learning' side as opposed to the 'people' side. There is an element that is missed on KCVDS... the fact that there are facial expressions and things people do to help you with your duel. (I didn't outline them here, but you can tell when some people have good/bad hands).

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply