Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCard Review (Absolute Zero) EmptyCard Review (Absolute Zero)

more_horiz
Card Review (Absolute Zero) ElementalHeroAbsoluteZeroYG04-EN-UR
Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
WATER/Warrior/Fusion/Level 8/ATK 2500/DEF 2000
1 "Elemental Hero", "Destiny Hero", or "Evil Hero" monster + 1 WATER monster
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. This card gains 500 ATK for each WATER monster on the field other than "Elemental Hero Absolute Zero". When this card is removed from the field, destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

*Calling 999, Help it’s an emergency I need a hero*

Hello Ladies and gentlemen. How are you all?

Today we will be closely examining the card “Elemental Hero Absolute Zero”. The phrase “Hero” Brings back old memories for me. I was always fascinated by heroes ever since I was a kid and I’m positive most of you feel the same about heroes as I do. Everyone had hero who they admired when they were a kid and thanks to Jaden and his friends “Hero” became a major part of Yu-Gi-Oh Game. *Three rounds of cheer of Jaden and his friends*.

Heroes series of
Archetypes was first introduced in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. In the anime, Jaden uses Elemental Heroes, Aster uses Destiny Heroes, and Jaden as The Supreme King uses Evil Heroes. Since the anime Konami has released bunch of different Heroes though only one of these Heroes stood out from the rest which is Elemental Hero Absolute Zero.

“Absolute Zero” is by far the best ever card released for the “Elemental Hero series” and it’s possibly one of the greatest Fusion monster ever released. The full name of the card “Elemental Hero Absolute Zero” for that reason people sometimes underestimates him. Elemental Heroes has never been “Strong” or Meta worthy in the past furthermore some claim “Elemental Hero Absolute Zero” should only belong in an “E-hero theme deck” but that statement is absolutely incorrect. Absolute Zero’s not just a card destined for Elemental Hero decks, its Power can benefit almost any deck that you see fit some examples are Gemini City, Fortune Ladies, and D-zombies.

What makes Absolute Zero so special is not his effect or his attack points but rather it’s his Fusion Requirements, unlike his Predecessors Elemental Hero Absolute Zero does not require specific elemental heroes this makes Absolute Zero more versatile. While this might seem inconsequential at first (So what It still requires me to use a hero) it's rather remarkable for many decks.

The main problem is “teching" In water monsters for your Absolute Zero. Some deck possesses the right requirements to summon Absolute Zero such as “Gladiator Beasts” who run ¾ Water monsters which are easy to search out. some other archetypes are not so luck For example Lightsworn who run virtually all light monster, Blackwings who run virtually all Dark monsters, Or Zombies, who have essentially no WATER Zombies to use at all. So while the Destiny Hero engine can be incorporated in some decks the water engine cannot be added however in some cases, it's the opposite i.e. in frog decks. Frogs can't afford to fit in Malicious, a Codalos deck doesn't use Stratos. So the problem here is to find an engine that fits in almost any deck, and actually makes it better.

The answer for the water engine came at the end of last format In the form of “Deep sea Diva”. At the end of last format, people started to tech “Elemental Hero absolute zero” and “Deep Sea Diva” in “Destiny Zombie” Decks. What the fall of TeleDAD people were looking for alternatives. People become aware of Deep Sea Diva's surprising speed and power and being able to fetch another copy of itself from the deck was also great with that deck such as DivaDAD was created.
Treeborn Frog was another great Water engine for absolute zero. Future fusion is a great way to dump Treeborn frog and Destiny Hero malicious to the grave by revealing E-hero Absolute Zero.

................... Decks Build .................
Today I’ll be talking a Deck called Zero zombies utilizes the of E-hero Absolute zero so without any future due let’s get down to the first deck.

Zero zombies

Deck List

Monsters: 20

2: Caius the Shadow Monarch
2: Destiny Hero Malicious
1: Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1: Dark Armed Dragon
1: Tragoedia
3: Deep Sea Diva
2: Goblin Zombie
1: Destiny Hero Diamond Dude
1: Elemental Hero Stratos
1: Plaguespreader Zombie
1: Zombie Master
1: Mystic Tomato
1: Pyramid Turtle
1: Sangan
1: Mezuki

Spells: 13
2: Miracle Fusion
2: Book of Moon
1: Book of Life

1: Destiny Draw
1: Allure of Darkness
1: Burial from Different Dimension
1: Future Fusion
1: Mystical Space
1: Heavy Storm
1: Brain Control
1: Mind Control

Traps: 7

2: Bottomless Trap Hole
1: Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
1: Call of the Haunted
1: Solemn Judgment
1: Torrential Tribute
1: Mirror Force

Zero Zombies was popular deck choice for many duelist in the last format but unfortunately the March banlist somewhat weakened the deck but duelist have learned to adapt the deck. Zero Zombies works in the same way as D-zombie deck do. Just like D-zombies, Zero-Zombies are a deck based around abusing the graveyard. In the last format D-zombies were well known for their speed but the march banlist made the current Meta game slower this means Zero Zombies or D-zombies cannot OTK like before. Now it depends more on control rather than speed and Absolute Zero provides all the control you’ll need.

Firstly, you can get him out using Future Fusion (run the D Hero Engine, and throw in a few Deep Sea Divas that you use for Zombies anyway!), then when those things are dead, you can use Miracle Fusion to make another one. If you're not running that many water monsters it's no problem since it is itself an E hero and a water Monster. Once you make the first one, you have half of what you need for the second - Brionac, which is also water! So you would struggle to NOT have those things dead. If you really want to, you can throw in an Ocean; again, it can be used for either half of the fusion.

With this guy, you can set a Tomato. If the opponent attacks into it, then use it to get Malicious. On the next turn, summon Deep Sea Diva, turn her into two. Sync the first one into Malicious for Stardust, sync the second one with a new Malicious to get something like a Colossal, then just use a Miracle Fusion to get Absolute Zero Out and you have at least 7800 ATK points (2500 from Stardust and Absolute Zero, 2800 from Colossal. You would remove one Diva and the other Malicious for the Miracle Fusion).

Also instead of mystic tomato you can use Armageddon Knight, drop a Malicious with it. Summon Diva to get a Brionac to return possible threats. Use the second Diva with Malicious to get Red Dragon Archfiend, then Miracle Fuse for Absolute Zero. This time, because of the boost Absolute Zero will get from Brionac, you have enough ATK regardless. You can see how one set Tomato that got attacked plus a Diva and Miracle Fusion (both that you can run three of) can easily win you the game.

OTK aside, Absolute Zero's effect can be the answer to threats like Dark Armed Dragon, Judgment Dragon, Celestia etc. to stop them from trying to swamp you with a bunch of Synchros in one turn. It is by no mean unbeatable, so the best answer is probably just a simple Gale, but even then, your opponent would still have wasted their battle phrase. With momentum swing around so fast these days, an extra turn can easily win you the game.

So like I said before, Absolute Zero’s not just a card destined for Elemental Hero decks, its Power can benefit almost any deck that you see fit. If you are inventive enough you can’t create almost limitless amount of decks with this card. Thank you for reading hope you are not bored to death.

My Second ever article. Tell me what you what think of it.

Last edited by Renji abarai on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCard Review (Absolute Zero) EmptyRe: Card Review (Absolute Zero)

more_horiz
good article, i liked it. It got me interested in Zero-Zombies, it's a nice deck, me and a friend of mine created Zero Eatos so we expected other Elemental Hero Absolute zero variants.

more_horiz
Thanks.
Zero Eatos huh would love to see how that works.

more_horiz
Summon Eatos. Summon Zero. Win. Easy Card Review (Absolute Zero) Icon_smile

Nice article. I have a Zero deck myself, though it doesn't use any zombies.
A 2nd Tomato instead of Pyramid, 2nd Diamond Dude instead of Mezuki, Grepher in place of Zombie Master, and Gillman + Gale in place of the Goblin Zombies is what's different from the monster line-up.
The spells and traps are almost the same.

I have a question though. Why no Spined Gillman or Reinforcements of the Army?

more_horiz
I don't really like Spined Gillman that's why i didn't put him in the deck and totally forgot about Rota Thanks for reminding me.

more_horiz
Cool article! Zero can fit in any decks. i even made a dragon deck with Zero in it. I would like to see other variants too.

more_horiz
I just find Gillman good because he gives you an instant level 5 synchro with a Diva in hand while getiting you 2 water monsters in the graveyard as well.

Don't know if you've tried it, but I use a single Gold Sarcophagus. It works quite good, so I'd recommend trying it out.

more_horiz
DrakonEX wrote:
Cool article! Zero can fit in any decks. i even made a dragon deck with Zero in it. I would like to see other variants too.

Thanks.
I'll edit the post later with more decks

Cool i will E_B

more_horiz
Nice article Renji. KIU Smile

more_horiz
Good article indeed, Except that the deck needs some fixes x].

Interdimensional matter transporter is a pro card for Zero. You can easily Destroy your opponent monster with it + Zero will get back x]. Its really pro xP, But it takes space and stuff which i don't usually have o.o.

Good article over all. keep it up Renjieh o.o

more_horiz
Nice article, Keep the good work Smile

more_horiz
Nice article but you focused only on zzero zombies you could have written the other types that include zero

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply