Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Wrestle Your Problems

power_settings_newLogin to reply

Wrestle Your Problems

I remember when Gouki were first released; I really liked using the Metalfoes build for sure, but ever since FLOD, they've definitely been climbing ranks, and able to claim events. What happened in the OCG is now immediately effective in the TCG. In Las Vegas, Anthony Gausepohl gets a resounding 1st place, which as a Gouki player myself, I really appreciate. 

Let's start analyzing the deck, and then I'll explain some extra choices that exist:

(1) The Deck itself - Gouki as a deck post FLOD that relies heavily on the fact that upon hitting the GY they get their resources back. Goukis have a 2/3 card combo, allowing them to fill their board with extra link, block your opponent's special summons, search any floodgate, protect your own monsters, and make other monsters lose 1k atk, also while locking away your opponent's special summoned monsters' effects. It's a strong combo indeed, and is relatively generic as far as I'm concerned. 
The combo starts off like this: 
1) Having 3 warriors on board, including 1 Gouki monster (relatively easy), proceed to Link Summon "Isolde, Two Tales of the Noble Knights" using any 1 warrior and 1 Gouki monster. 
2) Use the Gouki monster's effect to search a "Gouki Re-Match" and use Isolde to add any random warrior that isn't a Gouki into your hand. 
3)  Use Isolde's second effect to special summon "Gouki Octostretch" by sending "Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade" to the GY. 
4) Use your "Gouki Octostretch" and another warrior to Link Summon "Knightmare Cerberus" to the middle zone that Isolde is pointing to. Then use the Gouki search effect to add any Gouki monster to hand. 
5) Use the "Gouki Re-Match" that you searched earlier to Special Summon both your Gouki monsters in GY. 
6) Using Isolde and your two Goukis, Link Summon "Firewall Dragon".

From that you get the rest of the stated things earlier. To keep from spoiling you completely, I suggest either find out the rest, or look it up at your own interest, it will be easier to memorize when you pay attention yourself. 

Things I found interesting looking into the deck:
(1) Blue Mountain Butterspy - This card makes a good warrior target for you combo, definitely not clogging like "Photon Thrasher" might, and able to special summon easier unlike "Spyral Super Agent" and "Junk Forward". This card is a good enabler to your combos. 
(2) Solemn Line-up - I wouldn't particularly do this, but your deck is made of simple combos, so I can see why you would do such; this enables to stop certain things if they occur such as an unexpected summon of "Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King" and deals with threats you might not be able to normally deal with. Usually what I would suggest since you have certain problems is that you replace the "Solemn Strikes" at least with 3x "Called By The Grave" since your deck is very vulnerable to hand traps at times. 
(3) Waking the Dragon - This card was the very least expected. I used it as a joke before, but I wouldn't think of it in the competitive play. I will say this though: this card allows for some very lethal mind games. Since your opponent is expecting heavy backrow, you would expect them to try to remove it as such, correct? Waking the Dragon punishes your opponent for blindly hitting it, and brings out either "Raidraptor - Ultimate Falcon" or "Last Warrior From Another Planet", letting out a huge floodgate or a incredibly hard to get rid of boss monster for their mistake. Using this card is definitely going to affect mind games and will change some competitive mind-sets. Also used in an Altergeist deck that went first, this card might see more play in the future depending on how the general competitive thought comes in. 

Wrestle Your Problems Unknown

Comments

WondeRy
Here is an in-depth deck profile with the man himself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA-1sOOXwGE . Nice report keep up the good work!
power_settings_newLogin to reply
remove_circleSimilar topics
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum