Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionDeck Builds/Ideas EmptyDeck Builds/Ideas

more_horiz
I thought it would be fun for everyone to come together and share ideas of decks and play off of each other to see what works together.

For example, I thought Fabled would work well with Phantom Knights. That being said, here's what i came up with.

Deck Builds/Ideas 2018-010

descriptionDeck Builds/Ideas EmptyRe: Deck Builds/Ideas

more_horiz
i'm pretty sure that you need to use link summon now in order to ss more.

more_horiz
Yeah I wouldn't put so many red archfiends if I were you, because if you dont have a link monster you can only have one at a time on the field. Also 3x of all the xyz is a little bit overkill. Check out the new BA link monster or something more generic like proxy dragon or decode talker to bring more monsters from the extra deck at the same field.

more_horiz
I myself always keep 2 copies of monsters I'll really need in my extra deck at the very most. I can't think of a monster I've needed to summon 3 times or wanted to summon 3 times in one game. Black Luster Soldier works very well in that deck you've made! Unless you're going to almost ALWAYS have a rank 4 monster on the field, I don't think it's such a good idea to have 3 of the rank-up magics since they can be searched by the effect of cloak. 

Other than that, I think all of it is a wonderful idea!  Razz

more_horiz
Thanks for all the comments and ideas! Unfortunately, ygopro2 doesn't like me at the moment, so i couldn't add in any links if I wanted too.

more_horiz
There's a new version of Percy that uses link monsters! >:v

more_horiz
Yikes, why did nobody summon me to help here. I'm pretty sure I'm the resident Phantom Knight expert. Alright so for starters, you don't need three rank-up spells. Two tops. Remember that you aren't trying to draw into it, it's searchable whenever you'd be using it for the standard combo. Opening it is a dead card, so even two is a little greedy, but it can have its uses. Also with that many slots in your extra deck dedicated to the Rank-Up, you'd be better served taking a couple Requiems and one Rebellion out with the 1 RUM, and replace them with Rhapsody+Requiem in Berserk.

Honestly, this deck is ALL over the place. Placing these two engines together isn't so much going to help them out as it is just hinder your Phantom Knight side whenever you see Fables instead of them. The RDAs aren't gonna help you, gotta get some links in there too. Too many PK traps. The Pots and Returns gotta go. The level 4 PK isn't gonna help here either. The 1 of Solemn Strike is weird and could just be a Judgment. Honestly if you don't want to just run the PKs with BAs then you'd be better off sticking them in Lightsworns.

Overall, while there are methods to making it work more efficiently than it does here, this deck as a whole isn't salvageable. You're better off starting over with a different engine mixed with the PKs if that's your goal here.

more_horiz
Honestly, my goal was just to make something I thought would be fun. I have an actual PK deck that is so much better, though I might add your recommendations to that. I'm always open to changing my decks up to make them more fun to use!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply