Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionFuture proof deck EmptyFuture proof deck

more_horiz
Hi All,

As alot you know I've started to dabble in the dark arts of YGO once again and looking to start playing IRL again. But I already play Pokemon TCG competivitly and can't afford to all out on YGO aswell sadly. So what are some budget friendly competitive decks which will stay relivent for a while?

descriptionFuture proof deck EmptyRe: Future proof deck

more_horiz
well first off is domain monarch deck
i made this one pretty cheap since you can just buy three of the structure deck and the other cards.
also @bladecharge helped with this
Future proof deck No_sid10
about $100-175 depending on where you buy and what cards you already have.

there is also majespecter
although i have yet to make a budget decklist which i'll make and post here later.
also statue stun and rock stun (not so much rock stun) are pretty competitive.
also i hate mentioning it but there is also kozmo and chain burn.

for budget staples the only card i could think of was balance of judgement
[th]
[hide]
 English[/th]

more_horiz
Yeah I can play Monarchs well which is a bonus. I've personally been looking at Metalfoes as they are dirt cheap and pretty competivite from what I've seen.

more_horiz
You probably noticed that 60 cards decks are the thing today. They usually cost a fortune because there's a lot of different stuff mixed in... Avoid that, they can go up to 600$

There are some decks that are not that expensive but they still have certain cards that are costly though, some of them are:
-Cyber Dragon Kaiju (You'll need 1 optional Kaiju and Jizukiru, I'm not sure how much they cost and I'm pretty sure Infinity is still worth some money, sometimes only 1 copy is enough)
-HEROes (Dark Law is still a thug, much better but more expensive version is Frog HEROes because of Toadally. Toadally costs around 40$ per card and in extra is worth more than main deck here tbh)
-Lightsworns (I think they're cheap, except the Minerva xyz. Lawnmowing is in and you can tech in different stuff)
-Dinosaurs appeared out of nowhere and I believe they don't cost that much

Double check the prices in area you live in and find what fits you the most. Also check the http://yugiohtopdecks.com/ to have a clearer picture. Hope I helped a bit, cheers!

more_horiz
Srry 4 2x post but I checke some prices again

You can get both Infinity and Nova for less than 10$ and Kaijus go for aprox. the same amount. Pretty neat

more_horiz
ok i did forget dinos

pretty much you only need three of the structure deck and the tru dracos which we'll get soon enough.

also the majespecters i was talking about.
Future proof deck No_sid11
$70 - $130 depending on tax and where you buy.

more_horiz
No matter what anyone says I will never play more than the minimum amount of cards allowed because of consistently. I've seen this latest craze of all this 50+ something card decks and I can't see the logic in it personally. I know they're are cards such that Grass thing but there is no way to control the mills.

And since I know you love your HERO's Gala so what's the most optimal hero deck at the moment?

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
No matter what anyone says I will never play more than the minimum amount of cards allowed because of consistently.  I've seen this latest craze of all this 50+ something card decks and I can't see the logic in it personally. I know they're are cards such that Grass thing but there is no way to control the mills.

And since I know you love your HERO's Gala so what's the most optimal hero deck at the moment?

Playing more than 40 cards is because of archetype compatibility. Not playing more cards than needed. For example, Zoodiacs can mix with literally anything since you only need Ratpier to get the thing going, Speedroids and Norden fasten the things up.
We reached the time where there's a race in who will fill their graveyard faster because of Paleozoic traps, Inferoids and most importantly Snow. It does seem very dumb but most of these decks are fast af and get their stuff just as quick as other decks in past. I wanted to test this in practice by playing 7 Crystal Beasts and 2 Rainbow Dragons in 60 card lawnmowning Lightsworn deck. I OTKed almost every game with double Rainbow Dragon and JD. This format is insane but it won't last for long.

Also about HEROes...
Awesome HEROes are the best but as I mentioned, extra deck is pretty pricey. It's the only one being used tbh. If you want to fly lower, use any ordinary variant which will block opponents Grave-plays and will make sure your stuff on field is safe.

more_horiz
The mind boggles Future proof deck 3974120512

Hopefully should be able to trade some Poke cards for some yugs to save on cost also

more_horiz
My personal advice, do not pick up Metalfoes, as they will be mostly obsolete come the new Link Format, due to the massive nerf it deals to the Pendulum Mechanic as a whole. I'd personally pick up D/D/D if you can stand to learn the deck properly, which may take a while given the rather high skill ceiling of the deck, as they survive the format shift relatively well.

more_horiz
Have you got a current D/D/D list I can try out online?

more_horiz
This ought to serve relatively well for a TCG build come MACR, might be a tad outdated though

Future proof deck 16262a3994954f7280aa1f24206b95b8

more_horiz
Cheers me old mukka! I'll try it out later.

more_horiz
If you want to play a cheap deck that is fun and is viable throughout link format, pick up three Dinosmasher structure decks. A ton of fun and upgrades to the deck can be really cheap as well, as Laggia and Dolkka are really cheap to pick up.

more_horiz
To be honest I'm actually swaying towards HERO's because there cheap, The only really expensive cards from what I can tell are Solemn Strike (could replace with Dark Bribe as that works well with Dank Law) and Toadally Awesome (which I could probably swap for my share Shaymin EX Pokemon cards).

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply