Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionUseful references? EmptyUseful references?

more_horiz
Sup,

I was tasked to translate a dozen of letters written in legal format in Arabic into American and British legal formats used at each of their respective departments. The differences in their language structure is kind of bothersome since each has their own unique vocabularies - yes, even though both speak 'English'. The level of contrast is still quite huge in this regard. I was wondering if anyone knows any useful websites or samples I could use as reference for my translations.

Though I'd understand if this thread was totally ignored.

descriptionUseful references? EmptyRe: Useful references?

more_horiz
Don't use FB translate because as you know from the screenshots I send you it's terrible Useful references? 3974120512

Your best bet would be use something like Google translate or Babel fish to translate it in bulk and then edit yourself.

more_horiz
Try with https://en.oxforddictionaries.com

I remember using this site for something similar in the past for school. I believe you have both British and American dictionary and you can check synonims, words and phrases. Not really sure with what kind of terms you're working with but I hope this will help you a bit...

more_horiz
@Roach I'm only looking for legal terms used in translation, not the translation itself. Google Translate would only give me common options and slang. It doesn't provide legal terms.

@Galaksii I'll give it a look. If it has like both American and British legal terms used then it should suffice.

Thanks.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply