Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Advertising DA on DB

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+7
Olethros
Salader
Etwizzy
Pepchoninga
Booked
CrimsonOverlord
kyosuke kiryu
11 posters

descriptionAdvertising DA on DB EmptyAdvertising DA on DB

more_horiz
Hello guys, I have recently been advertising DA on Dueling Book, we need to really put our discord on here!
Anyways, this is one of the ways to advertise. I host a duel with a note to join us, and well people start getting curious and asking questions. So I give them our website and discord. Here is a screenshot of how many people came to me asking.

https://imgur.com/a/impsl

Last edited by kyosuke kiryu on Thu May 11, 2017 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionAdvertising DA on DB EmptyRe: Advertising DA on DB

more_horiz
Keep it going you are doing wonders! I'm also willing to help advertise

more_horiz
Thank you, STX has been helping out too.

more_horiz
well someone advertised DA on DN b4 n they got banned but its effective so I am fine with it but be careful yourself on DB I guess

more_horiz
DB seems to be much more chill in these area. 

I'm willing to advertise toobut only when the discord can be accessed from the site. Again tho, be careful with the advertisements as for now you can only have one account on DB, so if you get banned, that would be pretty nasty. 

Good job tho.

more_horiz
Well a mod said it was allowed to advertise!

more_horiz
Let's advertise DA more guys on free time. We need more members. More members means more duels and a more fun place for us here! We set a record last month, let's set another record again!

more_horiz
I agree DB And YGOpro etc is a great way to advertise but the way to draw in members is by dueling random random people and talking with rather than just spamming chat (let's be honest it looks desperate lol)

The best way is when your dueling someone and after the game have a little chat then preach to them about DA. This works especially well when you beat them, Like for example:

Player 1: gg
Player 2: gg
Player 1: You should check out www.DuelAcademy.Net sometime, it's filled with lots of great duelist and host regular tournaments and always other duelist around if you need any advice.
Player 2: ok maybe I will
Player 1: you can find me on forum @ username
Player 2: ok
Player 1: Sweet, hopefully I'll see you there
Player 2 left the duel

more_horiz
That's too time consuming. I mean that's a good way to do it too,

But just chilling in lobby with DAs link is good too. Many people will ask how to join lol curiosity kills the cat. Doesn't look desperate and even if it did, who cares lol

more_horiz
Time consuming yes but from my experience it yields better results.

How annoying would you find it if you was trying to converse in public chat and frequently a link to a site kept popping up.

Or a what a old member here used to do was donate to DN and put DA sleeves and Avatar on and go play the top ranked duelists as the matches always got alot of watchers.

more_horiz
Roach is right. The method works especially well with people who aren't all too good at the game and need to learn. You can swing DA as a place to learn etc then.

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
How annoying would you find it if you was trying to converse in public chat and frequently a link to a site kept popping up.

I think you're misunderstanding what Kyo's saying. Clearly spamming a link is really annoying. But if you put the link in a duel note it isn't annoying anyone, you're not spamming, it's just there. If you check the imgur link in the op, it doesnt really interfere with anything that much and curious people will usually PM whoever's advertising. People who come to you are more likely to be interested than people you suggest the site to. But dropping the link after a duel can be good too.

more_horiz
I do what Kyo does, but in my note, I just say "Ask Me About DuelAcademy.net" and when they do, I just paste and send a prewritten description and links to the forum and discord. And it worked pretty well. we only had one person only join to spam the Discord.

more_horiz
Olethros wrote:
Roach wrote:

I think you're misunderstanding what Kyo's saying. Clearly spamming a link is really annoying. But if you put the link in a duel note it isn't annoying anyone, you're not spamming, it's just there. If you check the imgur link in the op, it doesnt really interfere with anything that much and curious people will usually PM whoever's advertising. People who come to you are more likely to be interested than people you suggest the site to. But dropping the link after a duel can be good too.

Yes thanks olethros

more_horiz
i wonder if DB gets moderators if they go back to old DN style with some of their rules like duel note rules but i don't see it happening. it just popped in my mind when seeing this thread.

more_horiz
vequest wrote:
i wonder if DB gets moderators if they go back to old DN style with some of their rules like duel note rules but i don't see it happening. it just popped in my mind when seeing this thread.

a dude that currently Mods DB and runs their official discord said its fine.

more_horiz
He is on our discord too i think

more_horiz
Who is the owner of DB?

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
Who is the owner of DB?

Xteven 

But the guy who gave us authorization owns their discord and his name is respawn by 3, which he has an account here too

more_horiz
How would I go about contacting Xteven?

more_horiz
Probably pm on reddit is your best bet. Pretty sure his account is u/xteven

more_horiz
the site owner's email is on DB

more_horiz
I done did it, where's my treat at? :3

more_horiz
Jump in the van to receive you free kandy Bear

more_horiz
but the old van, we sold it alrdy

more_horiz
@Roach method is better long-term.

more_horiz
I'd argue otherwise, in theory at least. Obviously we don't have any numbers to back this up, but Kyo's method is more likely to bring in people who are genuinely curious and actively interested.

more_horiz
Practically yes, but Roach's method ultimately brings more long-run members.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Practically yes, but Roach's method ultimately brings more long-run members.

Actually, depends. I mean I can chit chat with someone just the same in my method and even give them a duel. I mean if we had testing back it would be more interactive and bring long term members lol

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply