Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Time to make things great again!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
LightYagami5
Booked
username290
Lux
SilentKatana
Linda-Senpai
DanelerH
Staxx
Galaksii
CrimsonOverlord
14 posters

descriptionTime to make things great again! EmptyTime to make things great again!

more_horiz
YO! Have you come to this academy, but found yourself bored because only dice battles of randomness are going on? I mean dice battles are cool and all, but it isn't dice academy. 

WElP TIME TO MAKE SOME CHANGES!

Here are some tourney ideas or general duel relating things i and the staff team will try to incorporate here:

1.)Teams!. OH SHIT WAT?! YEA YOU HEARD ME,we are gonna make some teams around here. You can create your own team,logo,sigs and all that good stuff, all you need will be at least 2 people. Aim to be the coolest team around and get lots of rewards like special ranks, dp, interviews about your playstyle and fame etc.

2.) An improved ranking system and dueling league. We have dorms and all, but let's face it dorm ranking is dead, however the elo system for it is kinda good. Here is what we are gonna do. Implement bronze,silver,gold rankings and they would go like gold 5,gold 4 etc. What I'm saying is, depending on your wins you will get promoted, not just by the end of the season! Long gone are the horrid waits of admins or mods trying to close down the circuit, but that never actually happening. It's all rapid ranking up and down from now! Tear people to shreds to earn your way to the top! 

3.)A FLIPPIN DISCORD CHANNEL! HOLY FLIPPIN FUK WATTTT?! YOU MAD?! THAT WILL DESTROY DA BRUUUUH. Yeaaaa nah. Discord will make communication and keeping up with stuff way easier,not to mention the ability to add groups etc. Our activity is reflected by healthy ygo posts, not the chat staying at 0 until 12 am . This will just make communication way easier and effortless!

4.) A tourney every week or maybe 3 to 4 days. Casual and prized tournies you name it!,you can even host your own tournies without dp payment,cuz fk that. Have a brilliant tourney idea? Then share it loud and proud and we shall host it for you! Be a healthy contribution to the state of this academy!

5.) Events with fun themes that go beyond standard ygo rules! Expect crazy stuff like sudden death duels with 1lp and more limitations!

That is all i have for now! Would love to hear your opinions and contribution to this! Let us all make dueling academy the nr1 place to go for things yugioh!

descriptionTime to make things great again! EmptyRe: Time to make things great again!

more_horiz
Userbars? How bow dah?

descriptionTime to make things great again! EmptyRe: Time to make things great again!

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Userbars? How bow dah?

Ye

more_horiz
All of these are Grade A legit.

more_horiz
@powernova ik you wanted some change my dude, tell me what you think

more_horiz
If you're accepting suggestions for tournaments, how about a Riding/Turbo Duel tournament?

1. Since it would be a Turbo Duel, Speed World 2 would be active from the beginning and (unless there's a bug with YGOPro) it cannot be removed from the field.
  2. Due to the effect of Speed World 2, Speed Spells are the only Spells that can be activated.  The Speed Spells that were used in the games would be the only ones allowed (show anime cards; the ones listed as "VG" can be used).
  3. Optionally, the tournament host can allow the use of Acceleration Zone (a Trap used in the games that works with Speed Counters).
  4. Optionally, the tournament host can allow the used of banned cards that have a Speed Spell counterpart, such as Monster Reborn and Painful Choice.  These are slightly more balanced in a Turbo Duel format, as they require using a large number of Speed Counters.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
If you're accepting suggestions for tournaments, how about a Riding/Turbo Duel tournament?

1. Since it would be a Turbo Duel, Speed World 2 would be active from the beginning and (unless there's a bug with YGOPro) it cannot be removed from the field.
  2. Due to the effect of Speed World 2, Speed Spells are the only Spells that can be activated.  The Speed Spells that were used in the games would be the only ones allowed (show anime cards; the ones listed as "VG" can be used).
  3. Optionally, the tournament host can allow the use of Acceleration Zone (a Trap used in the games that works with Speed Counters).
  4. Optionally, the tournament host can allow the used of banned cards that have a Speed Spell counterpart, such as Monster Reborn and Painful Choice.  These are slightly more balanced in a Turbo Duel format, as they require using a large number of Speed Counters.

I always wanted such a thing, but had no right idea on how to implement it. Sure thing! As i said I'm a fan of it

more_horiz
Change 'Duel Academy' to 'Mafia Dice Academy' ?

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Change 'Duel Academy' to 'Mafia Dice Academy' ?

You monster D:

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
YO! Have you come to this academy, but found yourself bored because only dice battles of randomness are going on? I mean dice battles are cool and all, but it isn't dice academy. 

WElP TIME TO MAKE SOME CHANGES!

Here are some tourney ideas or general duel relating things i and the staff team will try to incorporate here:

1.)Teams!. OH SHIT WAT?! YEA YOU HEARD ME,we are gonna make some teams around here. You can create your own team,logo,sigs and all that good stuff, all you need will be at least 2 people. Aim to be the coolest team around and get lots of rewards like special ranks, dp, interviews about your playstyle and fame etc.

Sounds fun enough, I'd imagine you'd need to put a cap on how many people can be in a team though, to keep up a good variety of teams.

2.) An improved ranking system and dueling league. We have dorms and all, but let's face it dorm ranking is dead, however the elo system for it is kinda good. Here is what we are gonna do. Implement bronze,silver,gold rankings and they would go like gold 5,gold 4 etc. What I'm saying is, depending on your wins you will get promoted, not just by the end of the season! Long gone are the horrid waits of admins or mods trying to close down the circuit, but that never actually happening. It's all rapid ranking up and down from now! Tear people to shreds to earn your way to the top! 

Given how slow circuit has seemed to be since I returned, I can understand that to an extent... However, dorms are, and always will be quite iconic. Scrapping them tends to always be a poor idea in my experience. You can try and find a way to incorporate a ranking system in concurrence with the dorm system, say If you're gold 5 at the end of the month, you rank up to Ra or Obelisk, etc....

3.)A FLIPPIN DISCORD CHANNEL! HOLY FLIPPIN FUK WATTTT?! YOU MAD?! THAT WILL DESTROY DA BRUUUUH. Yeaaaa nah. Discord will make communication and keeping up with stuff way easier,not to mention the ability to add groups etc. Our activity is reflected by healthy ygo posts, not the chat staying at 0 until 12 am . This will just make communication way easier and effortless!

4.) A tourney every week or maybe 3 to 4 days. Casual and prized tournies you name it!,you can even host your own tournies without dp payment,cuz fk that. Have a brilliant tourney idea? Then share it loud and proud and we shall host it for you! Be a healthy contribution to the state of this academy!

Always a fan of tourneys, but there does need to be some moderation in terms of what tournaments should be accepted...

5.) Events with fun themes that go beyond standard ygo rules! Expect crazy stuff like sudden death duels with 1lp and more limitations!

That's unlikely to be able to happen without a manual dueling system, YGOpro is very unfriendly towards creative, custom rules. DN going down is one of the major reasons I never hosted the DA RPG I had in the works.....

That is all i have for now! Would love to hear your opinions and contribution to this! Let us all make dueling academy the nr1 place to go for things yugioh!

more_horiz
@silentkatana dueling nexus and maybe the soon to be dueling book are both manual platforms i think, so we should be fine on that event regard. Agree on most of your points, but I'm not fully erasing dorms. Just adding a bit of powershowcase and competitive spirit, for example who can get gold 5 in obelisk? aka who is the best obby etc, i think you get it.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

I always wanted such a thing, but had no right idea on how to implement it. Sure thing! As i said I'm a fan of it

@CrimsonOverlord this is the one I told you guys about. 

P.S. thought you could first present this in Staff...now these guys have high expectations  bounce

more_horiz
Gotta get people hyped up @lux

more_horiz
I have no idea what discord is or what it does, but I might just... Do whatever it is that discord people do to do the DA does on discord

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

the reason y events stopped was partly because DN died but thats not all.......anyways, ._. y did u tell me they didnt have speed world 2 in ygopro, or was it there just recently?

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

@CrimsonOverlord this is the one I told you guys about. 

P.S. thought you could first present this in Staff...now these guys have high expectations  bounce

this is better than having no expectations with the "were working on it" line the staff likes to use....

more_horiz
the thing is, all the admins do stuff slower than a snail heh, so they may b intend to start something but it ends up to the "WERE WORKING ON IT" drag.....how many times have i or we experienced it ._. n if u work fast as an admin u r not one, i tasted it first hand

more_horiz
All of them are excellent ideas!

more_horiz
Bookingly wrote:
the thing is, all the admins do stuff slower than a snail heh, so they may b intend to start something but it ends up to the "WERE WORKING ON IT" drag.....how many times have i or we experienced it ._. n if u work fast as an admin u r not one, i tasted it first hand

The four deadly words strike again, saddening but not surprising. 

We shall see how things turn out I suppose.

more_horiz
test bump

more_horiz
Great news!

more_horiz
u ran out of red spray paint in the middle of the 2)?

more_horiz
Bookingly wrote:
u ran out of red spray paint in the middle of the 2)?

Yes

more_horiz
@CrimsonOverlord

You've gotten my attention again. I'll stay tuned to see how this all develops

more_horiz
Hah...

u see, this may be just like ur usual "WE ARE WORKING ON IT" op shet lol, dont get too happy yet heh

more_horiz
Bookingly wrote:
Hah...

u see, this may be just like ur usual "WE ARE WORKING ON IT" op shet lol, dont get too happy yet heh

No i got most points going lol, dont ruin the hype

more_horiz
then dont get it ruined easily chet

more_horiz
PowerNova wrote:
@CrimsonOverlord

You've gotten my attention again. I'll stay tuned to see how this all develops

@PowerNova I am also working on something pretty cool what I've named Yugioh Trivia. It will be like questions, I might make a leaderboard and stuff and make it even competitive. It's still in early preparations.

more_horiz
Wohooo, so nerd can finally get out from there shell Time to make things great again! 3974120512

more_horiz
That's the point Smile

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply