Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionI just watched Rogue One... EmptyI just watched Rogue One...

more_horiz
Keep in mind there might be some spoilers. Read at your own risk!

So, yeah I finally got to watch the film and gosh was it awesome. 

(I do know there is another topic about that, but fuck it post in mine.)

So, the movie was really a very present surprise. It had great characters (I might of gotten. Little crush on Felicity Jones) and even tho, some of them didn't get enough attention the overall likelyness of the whole squad was great. 

I loved that this film felt a bit different. It still had that Star Wars feel, but in the end it was telling a more greedy story. It was nice to see that even tho throughout the films the Rebelion has been portraited as the good guys, we see them doing not so honorable things for the cause that they belive in. This made the whole Rebel Alliance even more relatable. 

The Droid (I think it was named K2) was absolutely hilarious so props for that. 

Another thing that I was quite amazed by was the way they used Grand Moff Tarcin. Obviously we know that the actor that played the character in the original trilogy died during 1994 so everything you heard and saw from him was SGI wich truly shows how far technology has gotten. In 30 years there might not even be a need for actors to act. 

Obviously I have to touch on the truly incredible action sequences. For me they were by far the best in any Star Wars movie. The way it was executed really fascinating and very engaging. Definetly got me on the edge of my seat. 

Last when we talk about action we got to talk about that ending just before the other show of great CGI work with Princess Leya (RIP Carrie Sad)...that Vader scene tho. Hands down the best scene with his inclusion ever. 

So, I can stand here talking about the movie a long time. I'm a big Star Wars fan and got a lot of the Eater Eggs and read up on many that I missed. This movie definitely rank in my top 3 favorites from the 8 we curently have and who knows, maybe after another watch or two it might even take the top spot. But what do you think about the movie? Let's discuss Razz

descriptionI just watched Rogue One... EmptyRe: I just watched Rogue One...

more_horiz
The CGI was not good. The movie wasn't good.

more_horiz
STX wrote:
The CGI was not good. The movie wasn't good.

Ughg, you just became 5 points less cool  Banned

more_horiz
Cgi was bad, movie was bad

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

Thank you.

People only think they like it because it's "Star Wars". I put Star Wars in quotes because honestly, it isn't a Star Wars movie, it's a story in the Star Wars universe. And this movie has a weak story. It relies too heavily on the viewer having already seen episode 4. Which is bad for storytelling. This movie being a "Star Wars Story" isn't standalone, which it should be. This movie was like the producers found a fan fiction online and put a big budget behind it. Very disappointed.

more_horiz
I think that Star Wars is good but little bit overrated to what people say. Like "the best franchise ever". Nop. Watched better films.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
I think that Star Wars is good but little bit overrated to what people say. Like "the best franchise ever". Nop. Watched better films.

Yeah I understand that. Everyone has their opinions. I think what people mean when they say that it's the best, I think they are only talking about the first 3 movies (4-6). You can't deny that those movies aren't some of the best movies made. The Original Star Wars trilogy is up there with The Godfather Trilogy, Lord Of The Rings, Toy Story Trilogy, Back To The Future, and The Dark Knight Trilogy.

more_horiz
I thoroughly enjoyed Rogue One too.

Was it perfect? No, not at all, but the positives far outweigh the negatives in my opinion. I will say that, Jyn and Galen aside, we didn't get to know the characters well at all, which dampened how the film unravelled. CGI on Tarkin was terrible, and was only made worse by how often he came up during the last half. His appearances should've been kept to a minimum. Editing was sloppy too, and the film as a whole felt noticeably rushed.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

Like on what planet are you people living in? 
STX wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

Thank you.

People only think they like it because it's "Star Wars". I put Star Wars in quotes because honestly, it isn't a Star Wars movie, it's a story in the Star Wars universe. And this movie has a weak story. It relies too heavily on the viewer having already seen episode 4. Which is bad for storytelling. This movie being a "Star Wars Story" isn't standalone, which it should be. This movie was like the producers found a fan fiction online and put a big budget behind it. Very disappointed.

I'm sorry, but this imo is completely wrong. No, Star Wars is a great story and a great world that has sometimes been executed poorly by its creator. This IS a Star Wars movie, being in the same universe, using the same terminology, many of the same character and having the same feels. And no, the story is not weak. The story in Star Wars as a whole is not the leading thing. It is the greate characters, environment and dialog along with the great action that mold the story to be so epic. If you judge the story of itself you will find it lackluster most of the time since it doesn't really have a clear direction. But honestly I saw the movie with my sister. She hasn't watched the old movies, only the prequel and Episode 7. She enjoyed the mobie even more then me. Yes, I did have to explain to her some of the characters and refrences, but this didn't stop her from immediately starting to watch the old trilogy given that Rogue One ends just 5 hours before the start of a New Hope. 
Lux wrote:

It depends on how much you like science fiction. Really people have said the same thing about Harry Potter and TLotR. Different people that watch and enjoy different thing have different and sometimes biased opinions. 
STX wrote:
Lux wrote:

Yeah I understand that. Everyone has their opinions. I think what people mean when they say that it's the best, I think they are only talking about the first 3 movies (4-6). You can't deny that those movies aren't some of the best movies made. The Original Star Wars trilogy is up there with The Godfather Trilogy, Lord Of The Rings, Toy Story Trilogy, Back To The Future, and The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Well I very much enjoyed Episode 1-3. While I though it was an alwful presentation of a great story, it was an overall good peace of film for a hardcore Star Wars fan. If we talk about movie maki in general, A New Hope was a very flawed movie. It just really shows that George Lucas is a shit director. 
Atticus wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed Rogue One too.

Was it perfect? No, not at all, but the positives far outweigh the negatives in my opinion. I will say that, Jyn and Galen aside, we didn't get to know the characters well at all, which dampened how the film unravelled. CGI on Tarkin was terrible, and was only made worse by how often he came up during the last half. His appearances should've been kept to a minimum. Editing was sloppy too, and the film as a whole felt noticeably rushed.

I belive that Tarcin was very nicely made. Again I'm going to bring up my sister as an argument who is a great movie lover who was incredible suprised when I told her that Tarkins face was made of CGI and the actor had pased away long time ago. Obviously when you have a big chunk of people you need to introduce in a movie, you are inevitably going to suffer. Suicide Squad suffered from that and many other films have done too. Star Wars editing has always been a little sloppy, but I think this adds to the feel.

more_horiz
LOTR and Middle-Earth are my favorite movies in general. I also love HP a lot. Star Wars are meh.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
LOTR and Middle-Earth are my favorite movies in general. I also love HP a lot. Star Wars are meh.

Well I'm a huge fan of all 3, especially SW and HP. I'm just a big fucking nerd.

more_horiz
Yes, but I don't find SW comparable to great franchises like LOTR, The Godfather trilogy, The Dark Knight trilogy...

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Yes, but I don't find SW comparable to great franchises like LOTR, The Godfather trilogy, The Dark Knight trilogy...

This is very common and understandable.

more_horiz
Yea, I think it's good, quite good to be honest. But it's like Jurassic movies, good but not...great.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Yea, I think it's good, quite good to be honest. But it's like Jurassic movies, good but not...great.

It all depends what you enjoy. You know movies like the Godfather they can be enjoyed by everybody that has the mind to understand them. It's just a masterpiece. But many movies are. Some just needs a special audience to apeal to. I personally don't really enjoy the Jurasic movies (at least the ones I've watched fully.) as much, even tho I though the new one was pretty entertaining.

more_horiz
Dinosaurs are cool

more_horiz
it was good but they could of done better also to be honest i did not think it was need.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Dinosaurs are cool

Please don't delete my posts when your was just as meaningLess.

more_horiz
It's his new hobby

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Lux wrote:
Dinosaurs are cool

Sorry, it wasn't me this time.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
Lux wrote:
Dinosaurs are cool

BOTTOOOOO

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Lux wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
Lux wrote:
Dinosaurs are cool

BOTTOOOOO

What post it was?

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
Lux wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
Lux wrote:
Dinosaurs are cool

BOTTOOOOO

What post it was?

It was a shitpost anyways, but I would be mad if you deleted it I just watched Rogue One... 3974120512 I will deal with Botto later...

more_horiz
Don't make a deal about it then, it was just 1 post anyway

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply