Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMy Idea for a YGO Manual Client EmptyMy Idea for a YGO Manual Client

more_horiz
I have been thinking about an UI I would like to see on a duel client, I got an idea how to make it and this is the product of that idea, I would want to code out the client as well but for now I am not able to do so, as my Pyton knowlege is stil scarce. But when I do learn enough I shall start working on a client I hope. The buttons on the top right are supposed to be chat switches, one for general, one for game and one for user list. The buttons under those three are buttons you use to chat to users, your game chat transforms into a chat you want to acess atm and if any of the chats you chose to follow says someting you would get a notification. This illustration aint complete yet but you can tell what is going to be what from it. It won't be red as it aint the most pleasant colour to look at.

My Idea for a YGO Manual Client 308bcb7817984e59ab2f5264ac4027b8

descriptionMy Idea for a YGO Manual Client EmptyRe: My Idea for a YGO Manual Client

more_horiz
? what is this about?

descriptionMy Idea for a YGO Manual Client EmptyRe: My Idea for a YGO Manual Client

more_horiz
Uuuu, yeah I don't get it either...

more_horiz
..... I want to make an manual Yu-Gi-Oh! client, this is partually done showcase of UI done for it.

more_horiz
why do you need those 6 buttons under the the chat switcher buttons?

other than that there's nothing innovative or different.

more_horiz
All I can say is good luck with that lol. 

more_horiz
Oh you mean another dueling platform?

more_horiz
Do you need it spelled out lol. Nice interface concept, hope you get to finish it

more_horiz
One man can't make it tho lol. You will need other people dedicated enough and with actual knowledge to do those things. 

Are you experienced with the program you are using? Maybe you can get our attention and lure us to try and learn how to make those stuff.

more_horiz
Got fail written all over it, this has Smile

more_horiz
Never said the UI is anything special or new, no need to change what aint broke. Those six buttons under chat buttons are for chat with other users, you click on a button and it swaps you in-game chat with a private chat to another user. I will most likely not be able to do this on my own, as it requiers a lot of knowledge. Knowledge I would need 1 year or so to accuire from what my colledge assistant had told me.

There is open source software that you can edit for card games, on its own you can use it for Yu-Gi-Oh! all you have to do is edit the database, you would have to manually place stuff on the board like in real life tho. I will try to find that, if I do it would be easier to edit and easier to connect two users.

more_horiz
so, you'll only be able to chat with 6 people at a time? why buttons and not tabs?

more_horiz
STX wrote:
so, you'll only be able to chat with 6 people at a time? why buttons and not tabs?

No, you will have arrows left and right to scroll the chats you have open. Tabs can clog up the interface, for me I hated tabs on DN when shitton people PMd you it was very unpleasant. When you click the button it would display the private chat over your game chat, to go back to game chat just press the user again or the game chat icon. Now in practice I think that would be kinda bad, but eh cant know unless I try.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply