Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Playing again and need some advice!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+9
Pepchoninga
Anzo
Drunkion
Booked
ScottyAdams
CrimsonOverlord
Lux
Centrik
Etwizzy
13 posters

descriptionPlaying again and need some advice! EmptyPlaying again and need some advice!

more_horiz
Hey all! long time no see Playing again and need some advice! 3974120512

Long story short I've started playing another TCG competitively IRL and while at a event there was a YGO event going on next to me and it peaked my interest and my friend has convinced me to start playing again. The only problem being I haven't played in a longgggg time and am very out of sync with the game.

So if anyone can give me a run down of the recent meta that would be great! also as playing competitive TCG is expensive (let alone two!) is there any budget deck around which could compete?

descriptionPlaying again and need some advice! EmptyRe: Playing again and need some advice!

more_horiz
Wait you play irl?

Hm ok a meta budget deck would be Gladiator fucking B-

descriptionPlaying again and need some advice! EmptyRe: Playing again and need some advice!

more_horiz
I do again now I've found a decent place to play, takes just over a hour travel tho :/

more_horiz
I have no advice for you scrub but I am just really really glad to see you here <3 

more_horiz
Well your about as much use as a chocolate teapot Playing again and need some advice! 3974120512

I'm tempted to just drop aloud of cash on a BA deck or are they not competitive anymore?

more_horiz
Just buy 3 of the new kaiba structure deck aka the abc archetype. Thats the cheapest and most meta deck atm

more_horiz
If you're gonna play BA, play PKBA (still a VERY viable option. Heck, it won YCS Liverpool this weekend) Pk is Phantom Knights. But tbh, the game isn't that 'cheap' if you're looking for competitive play (unless you don't wanna run Pot of Desires).

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Just buy 3 of the new kaiba structure deck aka the abc archetype. Thats the cheapest and most meta deck atm

wait abc is TCG now? chet

more_horiz
Shiranui zombies is pretty strong and idek think its expensive

more_horiz
Bookingly wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

wait abc is TCG now? chet

Like almost a month ago lol

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

This sounds good any chance of linking me to a decklist?

ScottyAdams wrote:
If you're gonna play BA, play PKBA (still a VERY viable option. Heck, it won YCS Liverpool this weekend) Pk is Phantom Knights. But tbh, the game isn't that 'cheap' if you're looking for competitive play (unless you don't wanna run Pot of Desires).

The thing is I collect and play another TCG competitively already and YGO is just going to be something I play on the side for the odd tournament or two here and there. Hence why I don't want to spend to much.

more_horiz
Curious to know, what tcg are you playing atm?

more_horiz
That would be the Pokemon TCG, I used to dabble in it when I was here lol

more_horiz
Plat a goat deck, wins every time.

more_horiz
Goats get raped by today's standard Playing again and need some advice! 3974120512

more_horiz
ABCs are probably the deck for you. Tho if you want to make it as competitive as posible you will need some relatively expensive cards like Pot of Desires. You can always play a more fun deck like mermailss which do good at YCSs and stuff. 

Also, you are more then welcome to play with us here online. ^^

more_horiz
Yeah I think I'll buy a few Kaiba structure decks when I'm at the shop at the weekend Wink also why is pot of desire so highly regarded? It appears terrible to me :/ what am I missing?

Also I probably will when I get my PC back Wink

more_horiz
Oh shit Roach my man what ap 

You were already gone when I got back 

Now join staff again cause the staff rn is trash

more_horiz
Kandy is too t s u n to admit im best staff

more_horiz
Kandu my nigga! Playing again and need some advice! 2896007000

I'm probably not wanted or needed on the staff team anymore Playing again and need some advice! 3974120512 everyone survived without me and they probably enjoyed the peace and quiet without me around also lol.

more_horiz
What's your gimmick roach?

more_horiz
Give space to some young blood in staff dudes...

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Give space to some young blood in staff dudes...

We already have botto

more_horiz
EVERYONE I KNOW IS RETURNING! Brings a tear to my eye.

more_horiz
I won't be coming back as staff unless I was REALLY needed by Anzo. I had my time and enjoyed and then I left due to time comintments but in order for DA to strive you need fresh staff member to bring in fresh ideas rather than old school folk such as myself.

Anyway get back to sorting me out a deck you filthy peasants! Playing again and need some advice! 3974120512

more_horiz
Yeah, that's the spirit! Vote Trump! 

Anyways, Pot of Desires is a staple in many decks. Thing is, it workes most of the time. People make there decks differently to lower the percentage of you banishing all copies of an important combo card. 

In today's meta you need to get more resources then your opponent faster and use them to lock them out of the game. Comebacks are much harder and it's really a matter of pace and resilience. 

more_horiz
You know @Roach still really grateful for Ra promotion <3

more_horiz
Winning generally involves setting up before your opponent does Playing again and need some advice! 3974120512 I just see it as a appourling card if I'm honest lol especially when Allure of Darkness is now unlimited :s

more_horiz
If you want a budget thing that works try Satellarknights, they are pretty deacent versus today decks. Also Phantom Knights on their own are pretty cool. If you want something no one expects go for a "Racoon" deck.

more_horiz
Satellarknights unfortunetely have nothing on most meta decks today. 

Evilswarm tho seem to be very good still.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply