Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

What do we use to duel?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
Jv
DDS
CrimsonOverlord
Alisae
Anzo
Lux
Pepchoninga
Centrik
12 posters

descriptionWhat do we use to duel? EmptyWhat do we use to duel?

more_horiz
Well I decided to get in DN again but seems like it's closed. I asked three admins in DA's chatbox but every ignored me so I'll just make a topic here.

What are we using? DevPro again?

Now I'm feeling like a total beginner.

descriptionWhat do we use to duel? EmptyRe: What do we use to duel?

more_horiz
I will gladly help you dear member ^^ (Hehehe welp) 

DN was closed by a company associated with Konami for legal issues. After that DA desided via a poll that YGOpro will be our main dueling platform. 

You can find the download for the platform (wich is just a file that you will have to unzip with programs like 7-zip or WinRar and then depending on wich version you downloaded (With pic or without) you will have to manually download all the card pictures from within the application) here: http://www.duelacademy.net/t48137-update-new-default-platform

more_horiz
Those who duel use YGOPro (though some members even use DevPro). Last night there was many duels happening, surprisingly!

more_horiz
Well that is great, maybe we can actually get back a little community of dueling going. 

Why do they always gotta duel at night ffs Sad 

more_horiz
Mainly YGOPro, others prefer DevPro. Both have their own respective pros and cons.

more_horiz
Only thing that YGOpro has over DevPro for me, is that it's easier to get welp What do we use to duel? 3974120512 

Also @Anzo did i give you permission of calling yourself King of Kings? Razz (I want you to make me a signature tho, they are so good :*) 

more_horiz
Why would a King ask for peasant's permission What do we use to duel? 4204681869

+ Hit me up with a render, I'll see what I can do.

more_horiz
What's the difference between YGOPro and DevPro?

Also pin that topic so new members can see.

http://www.duelacademy.net/t48137-update-new-default-platform

more_horiz
I've been saying that since i came here...nobody listens...

So the differences are mainly that DevPro has a bit more modes to play around with. They are not really anything that you would miss in YGOpro tho. 

DevPro has large customization settings which are not in YGOpro (You can chose the picture for your sleeves and your background and other minor things. 

There is also a better interaction system in DevPro then there is in YGOpro.

Those things make DevPro a larger application then YGOpro and in turn - requires installation. 

The pros that YGOpro has over DevPro is that it's a much simplier application that has the simple goal of allowing players to duel. It has a very easy interface to navigate, a clean and well working set-up and most importantly - a great automated duel experience. 

YGOpro's staff is also much better and give updates almost daily. They add in new cards just a couple of hours after they are leaked online and update banlists minutes after they are released. 

In my personal use of both programs over the year I have found that YGOpro crashes much much less than DevPro, even tho this is not the same for many people.

Overall I think that while the customization and interaction on DevPro is fun, the superior dueling experience comes from YGOpro. Also the easy way to get it is also a big plus.

more_horiz
Sorry for the double post, but i didn't wanna mix the 2 things Razz Also...spam

@Anzo here are 2 renders I would like to have on a signature, you deside which is better:
1. http://orig12.deviantart.net/4e88/f/2015/311/1/9/seven_knights_render_by_bloomsama-d9fuhmv.png
2. http://sia1.subirimagenes.net/img/2015/04/23/150423024956271552.png

If you ever have time for it I would be very grateful Wink (Also for text I would have The God of Gods Razz

As for the other thing, If you have been living under a rock, I'm the ALL MIGHTY GOD OF GODS ^^ So if you wanna be the King of Kings you have to ask meh  What do we use to duel? 1554389127

more_horiz
on YGOpro, Swap Frog works the way it should work. Really that's all the motivation I need to switch.

Edit: Not true, hella salty. I guess I'ma just believe that it's ruling that says that you can only bounce Swap Frog to your hand once during your turn.

Last edited by Dazo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Hehehe, that's mah boy Razz (Bot to be exact...) 

more_horiz
Devpro lags like mad and is for filthy zcrubs. Ygopro gets every card the second it is leaked and auto updates. Tag duels,anime duels anything u want in the best package

more_horiz
Someone, find a working ygopro package for linux systems so I can try playing again!...lolz

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
I've been saying that since i came here...nobody listens...

Bro I came back after you had joined here for a while.

Thanks though.

more_horiz
DDS wrote:
Someone, find a working ygopro package for linux systems so I can try playing again!...lolz

Why do you even use Linux

more_horiz
He code shjts.

By the way lock this thread soon or this will be a new spamming thread.

more_horiz
For now we are on topic, I don't think there is a need. 

Also let's be honest here, Linux is like a homeless man in New York...nobody gives a shit about it (Is short people are racist to Linux) 

Well you know me @Centrik, I love helping out Razz 

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
DDS wrote:

Why do you even use Linux

Various reasons.

1) First and most importantly it is used commonly used for servers and other industrial machines for development purposes. As an IT support worker I feel like I can't afford to go without a basic knowledge of Linux systems.

2) From a technical standpoint, it's extremely simple and customisable. Unlike Apple systems which are infamous for their incompatibility and limitations, Windows is not much better with that regard. 

3) Relating to point 2, Linux variants are extremely budget friendly. Not only is the operating system itself freeware but, it does not do not require much hardware power to run optimally. You could run it on a machine with specs from the turn of the millennium. 

4) It is a streamlined kernel designed to handle multi-tasking and multiple functions with minimal performance issues. In the months I've had my Ubuntu machine it has not crashed, lagged or stalled on me once. If only could say the same things with Apple/Windows products I've had to deal with during that timeframe.

TL DR > Because I'm a nerd. 

However, there are some exclusive programs that cannot be run on a Linux system. I mean I could dual boot my laptop for those exclusives should I need to. But I really don't want to do that. Which is why I am asking for a native linux build for ygopro.

more_horiz
If it's something that has to do with your work then i can't argue any further. I myself have no biases towards any operating system. I like Windows cause it has many programs and games that supports it, though I feel limited when using iMAC/OS X or Linux.

more_horiz
Sadly ygopro isnt for linux as far as i know. Guess dual booting is a must for you dds kun >.<

more_horiz
why so betch Crimson?

Ygopro has Linux <.<

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4c5aqpcczs4t4ch/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.tar.gz

https://discordapp.com/channels/170601678658076672/199914558997921793

DA should get a Discord channel :V

more_horiz
Oh fk since when?! (Lowkey wanted to make dds change into windows) also someone post a thread announcing ygopro as the main system and providing links......again lol

more_horiz
Yeah that would be good, also make it so everybody can access it easily.

@Anzo 

more_horiz
A what, a discord channel?

more_horiz
A discord chat. It's a website you use to create group chats...

more_horiz
I know, I've used it before. But, I don't see why we need one.

more_horiz
You don't want to have WhatsApp/Discord/Skype chats. It would reduce the activity of DA's chat.

more_horiz
Yeah good point. They are helpful in some situations tho...

more_horiz
We could have one, but again we'll be splitting our members into two groups; some would use DA Chat and others would use Discord, that's an inefficient way of managing users. Even if we remove DA Chat and put only Discord I'll have to edit the Index to put it there, which is a lot of work and will mess many things around it. AND, it'll only be visible from the index.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply