Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionI'm getting big PING EmptyI'm getting big PING

more_horiz
I need some computer nerds here. I'm beginning to face big PING's on my laptop. Is there any reason for it? I think it's my internet. Is there any way to improve the PING?

descriptionI'm getting big PING EmptyRe: I'm getting big PING

more_horiz
Better internet I'm getting big PING 1151057309

more_horiz
I wonder does it has something with distance from my internet router? My internet router is 2 rooms away and I'm getting 3 out of 4 lines ( http://prntscr.com/bwmrnw )

more_horiz
Try an ether-link cable.

more_horiz
How big is this ping

more_horiz
DMK wrote:
How big is this ping

Dunno is this a troll post or not, but anyways. I average around 90ms, but it often gets to couple of hundred ms, sometimes even few thousand. I used to have like 40 ms.

more_horiz
No, honestly serious. I get pretty high ping as well. Sadly I get packet loss as well I'm getting big PING 3974120512. Shit sucks man

more_horiz
1st of all you need to identify the issue:
Is your ping high only to a certain amount of sites or is it for everything?(You can test that with opening your cmd and typing "ping [insert a link here]"

Do you share you internet?If so you can ask them to stay offline and test again to see it's cause of that.
How stable is your wifi signal cause as Anzo said a cable's always better.

Is your pc downloading something like an update in the background?(I usually run command "ping google.com -t" to test this,then either restart the modem or simply just disconnect then connect;these kinda updates take a while to stabalize so you could tell if one's running if starting numbers are low then it suddenly goes high)

If it's none of the above then it's most likely the ISP you should contact them.

more_horiz
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" I'm getting big PING 1554389127

On a serious note, it seems like you are on a Wireless Network which means there a be few causes.

1) The signal strength, as you move further from the access point; your signal strength  decreases. So yes, distance from the access point could be a factor.

2) Interference, you may or may not be aware that other appliances which broadcast electronic signals can impede your wireless network. If your access point is surrounded by other household electronics it could very well need to be relocated.

3) Network strain, Latency can also be caused by multiple users on the same network or background processes eating up bandwidth. Check with other people that use your network (if there are others that use your network) and see if they have any problems with the network's performance

3) Your network card or settings; While unlikely as problems of this nature tend to cause a lack of connectivity altogether, you may be experiencing poor performance by being logged under the wrong network or have some damage on your Network Interface Card but addressing this this should only be used as a after you have tried everything else.

My advice; Either move your machine or access point. I believe your dip in network performance is more than like caused by a lack of signal strength or potential interference. If moving things doesn't work I'd recommend setting up a wired network (although this may require assistance from your ISP) or alternatively you can contact your ISP to see if your settings and such are correct or if there are any potential problems on their end, only after having exhausted all other possibilities should you take it in to be looked at by a professional.

more_horiz
DDS wrote:
1) The signal strength, as you move further from the access point; your signal strength  decreases. So yes, distance from the access point could be a factor.

http://prntscr.com/bwv7rx

Here's ms in my room.

http://prntscr.com/bwv85z

And this is in my living room where my internet router is placed.

But still, I was getting 40 ms few days ago on average.

This could be very possible. I have TV cabel right next to my internet router. My internet router is also acting as telephone and tv router. 

DDS wrote:
3) Network strain, Latency can also be caused by multiple users on the same network or background processes eating up bandwidth. Check with other people that use your network (if there are others that use your network) and see if they have any problems with the network's performance

There is total 4 mobile phones, 1 laptop and 1 tablet connected to the network. So yeah, I'll check with others how is network performing. 

Well, 90 ms ain't too bad, but it's weird because I used to have 40-50. 

My family uses it only. I don't like cable idea because I don't want to be next to my television.

http://prntscr.com/bwvh27

Weird, seems like slow ms is only on one quiz game I'm playing on Facebook. And no I'm not downloading anything.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply