Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHere are some Phobias You May not know EmptyHere are some Phobias You May not know

more_horiz
Bored, so decided to pull up the list of phobias (I'm big on psychology, which phobias fall into the field of), and here are some you may not know about:

Chronophobia -  fear of time.
Barophobia - fear of Gravity
Coimetrophobia - Fear of centimeters 
Globophobia - Fear of balloons
Kinetophobia - fear of movement

descriptionHere are some Phobias You May not know EmptyRe: Here are some Phobias You May not know

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:
Bored, so decided to pull up the list of phobias (I'm big on psychology, which phobias fall into the field of), and here are some you may not know about:

The only one i knew as chronophobia T_T

and is psychology better then physics? Because I choose that and nuclear chemistry over paychology, so just want to hear your personal opinion

descriptionHere are some Phobias You May not know EmptyRe: Here are some Phobias You May not know

more_horiz
JC the shadow hunter wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:

The only one i knew as chronophobia T_T

and is psychology better then physics? Because I choose that and nuclear chemistry over paychology, so just want to hear your personal opinion

q_q, that's prolly the only one most would know on this list tbh.

And honestly; For me: Psychology is more interesting, as I love studying the human mind and how it perceives things/how our sub-conscious operates. It's a very in-depth and analytical subject also. Physics is more on the science aspect, so if that is your point of interest and it's something you can see useful to learn, then go for it. I studied a lil psychics and chemistry myself and found them fun, but was more invested in psychology. It's just about what interests you more ultimately.

more_horiz
Phobophobia - fear of phobia(s)

First thing that came to mind when I saw this thread, was "I wonder if there's a phobia of phobias" and apparently there is. How interesting.

more_horiz
Lol, indeed there is. There's a fear/phobia of nearly everything in existence haha.

more_horiz
What's fear of snakes? I forgot the name.

more_horiz
Ophidiophobia or ophiophobia are the two names for fear of snakes.

more_horiz
is there a term for fearing YGO? (except EGAO)

more_horiz
Not precisely Yugioh, but there is a fear of cards (unofficially known as pectophobia). Not every phobia is officially named btw: there's just sooo many potential fears/phobias, that you cannot name them all.

more_horiz
i think there's a phobia for everything

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
i think there's a phobia for everything

Panophobia - fear of everything

Nerd Smile

more_horiz
Galaphobia - Fear of getting rekt by Gala

But srsly, how are people afraid of these things...

more_horiz
Fear can be formed due to a lot of reasons lol

Natural instincts, logical conclusion, appearance, fear the stronger, appearance, etc. 

by times it can be something that ends up to be nothing at all, just the person wasn't brave enough to face that something they are afraid of

more_horiz
Literature wrote:
Fear can be formed due to a lot of reasons lol

Natural instincts, logical conclusion, appearance, fear the stronger, appearance, etc. 

by times it can be something that ends up to be nothing at all, just the person wasn't brave enough to face that something they are afraid of

Yeah, you're right. I've read something about this at school.
Only 2 human's natural fears are falling and darkness if I'm not mistaking. That's why you flintch when you're dreaming about falling. Every other one is formed as we grow up...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply