Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Clash of Clans thread!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
Linda-Senpai
BarbarianKing
Jv
Etwizzy
Anzo
Lux
10 posters

descriptionClash of Clans thread! - Page 2 EmptyClash of Clans thread!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Clash of Clans is an online multiplayer game in which players build a community, train troops, and attack other players to earn gold and elixir, and Dark Elixir, which can be used to build defenses that protect the player from other players' attacks, and to train and upgrade troops. The game also features a pseudo-single player campaign in which the player must attack a series of fortified goblin villages.

Clash of Clans thread! - Page 2 Coc_logo

Since it's release in 2012. Clash of Clans (simply called CoC) became one of most popular Mobile-phone games. Game is also popular as one of best strategic games for mobile phone.

Gameplay

Troops:
Troops are divided into Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Dark Elixir Troops, and Heroes. All Tier 1–3 troops are created and upgraded with elixir; other troops and heroes require "dark elixir", a special type of elixir that is only available at higher levels. Troops in each group are listed in the order that they become available.
Spoiler :

• Tier #1 – Consists of Barbarians, Archers, and Goblins. All take up a single housing space in the barracks and army camps.

• Barbarians: Popularly known by serious players as "Barbs", they require the shortest training time of any troops (20 seconds). Travel at normal speed (16 units) and have moderate health and damage. Cannot attack airborne troops.
    • Archers: The first units that can attack air troops, they are relatively fast to create (25 seconds). Ranged attack troops that fire arrows at their targets, they are faster than Barbarians (1.5x), but have less health (comparing maximum-level troops, the lowest of all troops) and do slightly less damage per second.
    • Goblins: Useful for looting bases at lower levels, Goblins take 30 seconds to create. They have the highest damage per second of Tier 1 troops, not including the double damage they cause to resource buildings (gold, elixir, and dark elixir storages; gold mines; elixir collectors; dark elixir drills), but cannot attack airborne targets. Goblins are also the fastest ground-based troops (2x Barbarian speed), but have low health comparable to that of Archers. Before the winter 2014 update, they were unlocked at barracks level 3, but they are now unlocked at level 4, with Giants now being unlocked at level 3.

• Tier #2 – Consists of Giants, Wall Breakers, Balloons, and Wizards.

• Giants: Large (5 housing spaces) and slow troops (0.75x Barbarian speed) with robust health used mainly as "meat shields" for more fragile troops. Giants will attack defensive buildings until all of them are destroyed, and can only attack on the ground.
    • Wall Breakers: Skeletons that carry bombs, they require 2 housing spaces, travel at the same speed as Archers, attack only ground targets, and preferably target walls that guard buildings and their AI is trained such that they will only attack buildings surrounded completely by wall with no gaps for troops to enter. However this has been very controversial sparking debates on the Supercell Forums. Wallbreakers take 2 minutes to train. Once they reach a wall (or, if no walls are available, a building or enemy troop), they halt for 1 second and detonate, blowing themselves up and doing damage to the target (plus splash damage). They have fragile health similar to that of Archers, and only modestly damage buildings or troops, but their damage is multiplied by 40 against walls.
    • Balloons: The first airborne unit to become available, these are Wall Breakers that have been "promoted" to manning hot air balloons, dropping bombs on ground targets that cause splash damage (they cannot attack airborne units). The slowest troops in the game (0.625x Barbarian speed), requiring 5 housing spaces and 8 minutes to train, they preferentially target defensive buildings. While they have strong damage statistics, they are relatively fragile at low levels, making them most useful as cleanup troops (especially in single-player missions). However, at higher levels, they have enough health to be used in high-level attack strategies.
    • Wizards: The first "premium" troops to become available, Wizards shoot fireballs or lightning bolts (depending on level) at both ground and air targets, doing splash damage. They take up 4 housing spaces, require 8 minutes to train, and travel at the speed of the Barbarian. They have moderate health (more than Barbarians, considerably less than Giants) and the highest damage per second of all troops on a per-housing-space basis.

• Tier #3 – Consists of Healers, Dragons, and P.E.K.K.As.

• Healers: The only units incapable of doing damage, Healers (flying human-like female creatures or are popularly known as angels particularly by people who do not have English as a first language) shoot healing rays at friendly troops (or, while defending a base she may heal the heroes such the Barbarian King and the Archer Queen or the defending ground based clan castle troops such as barbarians or wizards if they are avialable). Healers take up 14 housing spaces, move at Barbarian speed, require 15 minutes to train, and have health roughly comparable to that of a Giant. They cannot heal airborne troops.
    • Dragons: One of the strongest units in the game, the Dragon travels at Barbarian speed, has high health (equivalent to several Giants), and causes very high splash damage to both ground and air troops. These attributes are counterbalanced by its large housing space (20), long training time (30 minutes), and high elixir cost. Dragons based attacks such as "mass dragons" and "rage dragons" are considered to be the most clichéd attack strategies at townhall seven and eight due to the immense power; since it offers one of the highest chances of a three star and due the simplicity of the use.
    • P.E.K.K.As: A heavily armored sword-wielding warrior whose exact identity is unconfirmed(though the P.E.K.K.A is believed to be a female since the trivia at the loading screeen mentions the P.E.K.K.A as a "her"), the P.E.K.K.A travels at Barbarian speed and has the highest health and damage per second of all elixir-based troops. Can only attack ground targets, but can usually "one-shot" lower-level troops, and can even do the same to some buildings. The high health and damage are counterbalanced by lack of ability to attack multiple targets, slow attack speed, high housing space (25 spaces), training time (45 minutes), and very high elixir cost. In addition, its metallic armor takes double damage from Hidden Teslas (a high-level defensive trap).

• Dark Elixir Troops– Consist of Minions, Hog Riders, Valkyries, Golems, Witches, and Lava Hounds, These troops are created and upgraded with dark elixir, and are also trained in their own "dark barracks".

• Minions: Flying troops that resemble imps, they have the lowest housing requirements (2 spaces), shortest training time (45 seconds), and lowest cost of dark elixir troops. Minions attack both air and ground targets by spitting dark elixir. They are the fastest flying troops (same speed as Goblins), but have relatively low health.
    • Hog Riders: Hammer-wielding warriors bearing a strong resemblance to Mr. T and mounted on hogs that are capable of leaping over walls. Somewhat analogous to the Giant in that they require 5 housing spaces, train in 2 minutes, attack only on the ground, and preferentially target defensive buildings. However, compared to Giants, they travel much faster (same speed as Archers), have roughly half the health, and do several times the damage.
    • Valkyries: Wielding a two-handed axe, Valkyries take up 8 spaces, train in 8 minutes, and travel at Archer speed. Their ground-only attack involves spinning their axe at high speed and every damaging swing leads to them gaining a very small fraction of their health back They preferentially attack groups of buildings adjacent to one another (or enemy troops), and their attacks have a small area of splash damage. Valkyries have very high health and damage, but are relatively expensive to train.
    • Golems: Occupying 30 housing spaces, requiring 45 minutes to train, traveling at the same speed as a Giant, and having extremely high health (the highest of all ground troops), the Golem is a popular meat shield for high-level ground attacks. It attacks only on the ground, doing relatively little damage for its size, and preferentially targets defensive buildings. When killed, it splits into two smaller units called Golemites.
    • Witches: Occupy 12 housing spaces, require 20 minutes to train, and travel at the same speed as a Giant. Shoot fireballs at both ground and air targets, and also summon a group of skeleton warriors at regular intervals. The summoned warriors travel at Archer speed and attack only on the ground. Unlike other troops they have only two levels in which their appearance remains unchanged.
    • Lava Hounds: Flying creatures, resembling a cross between a Golem and a dog, that travel slightly faster than Barbarians or Dragons (1.25x) and spit fireballs at their targets. Preferentially target Air Defenses, then other defensive buildings. Like Golems, require 30 housing spaces and 45 minutes to train, and also split into smaller units (8–12 Lava Pups) when killed. Cause relatively little damage for their size, but have the highest health of all troops, making them useful meat shields for airborne attacks.

• Heroes - Consist of the Barbarian King and the Archer Queen. Heroes are immortal and are only trained once. They are summoned by an altar rather than being trained in the barracks (or dark barracks) like the other troops. They are trained and upgraded exclusively with dark elixir. If they lose any or all of their health in battle, the Heroes must rest or sleep on their altar for a set period to regenerate. After several upgrades, both gain special abilities in attacks. The Barbarian King is basically a larger, more powerful Barbarian. He is automatically summoned once the Barbarian King Altar is constructed, which costs 10,000 Dark Elixir.The Barbarian King's "Iron Fist" restores a significant portion of health, temporarily increases attack speed and damage, and also summons a small group of Barbarians. The speed and damage increase also affects any friendly Barbarians near the King. The Archer Queen is basically a stronger, more powerful version of the Archer. She is automatically summoned once the Archer Queen Altar is constructed, which costs 40,000 Dark Elixir. As in the January 29th 2014 update, the Archer Queen gained a new special ability: Royal Cloak. The Royal Cloak allows her to become "invisible" to enemy defenses for a short period of time, in addition to greatly increasing her damage, restoring some of her health and summoning up to 12 Archers to aid her in battle (although the Archers are summoned by Royal Cloak, they are otherwise unaffected by it unlike the Barbarian King, where barbarians are affected). The Archer Queen gains this ability at Level 5, and it becomes more powerful every five levels she gains. Unlike the Barbarian King, The Archer Queen can attack air units like Balloons, Dragons, or Minions, making her effective in guarding a village against players who utilize air raids.The amount of time the hero sleeps to regenerate is directly proportional to the health the hero has left at the end of the battle. So if the hero is not damaged then the hero is ready to fight immediately; however, if the hero falls in battle or even gets hit, then he or she must sleep for some time to regenerate. You can temporarily quadruple the hero's healing rate for 2 hours by spending 10 Gems.

• Spells:
  • Spells play an essential role in offense. They are made in spell factory. Currently, Clash of Clans features 5 spells which are created using elixir. They are:

• Spoiler :
    [/size]
  •  Buildings: 
  • To earn and store gold and elixir, players must build gold mines and gold storages and elixir collectors and elixir storages, respectively. Elixir is used to train new troops, carry out research in the laboratory to upgrade troops and to build and upgrade certain buildings, mostly pertaining to buildings used in attacking another player's base. Gold is used to build defensive buildings and to upgrade the town hall, which allows access to more buildings and higher levels for existing buildings. At higher levels, dark elixir becomes available; this type of elixir is used to train and upgrade dark elixir troops and heroes, create dark spells, and fuel the "inferno tower", a defensive building that is available only at the highest level (Town Hall 10). To earn and store dark elixir, players must build dark elixir drills and dark elixir storages. There are a number of buildings available to the player to defend their village, including cannons, mortars,, bombs, traps, archer towers, and wizard towers. Players can also build walls, which can be upgraded as they increase in level.
  •  Clan Wars: 
  • Clans are groups of players who join together to support each other, either materially (donating troops) or verbally (giving advice). Players can join clans once they rebuild the special Clan Castle building early on. A major component of the gameplay of Clash of Clans is clans facing off against one another. Clan leaders and co-leaders can begin wars against other clans. Each clan is then given one "preparation day" and one "war day." When a player attacks a member of the opposing clan, they receive stars based upon the amount of destruction they cause to the opponent's community. Each player is limited to two attacks per war, and the team with the most stars at the end of the war day is declared victorious, with players receiving bonus war loot if he/she use their attacks in the war and a one more war win record in the clan description.
  • Gems:
  • Aside from gold and elixir, the game also uses gems as a currency. Gems are awarded for reaching certain milestones, completing achievements. One to six gems can be earned from clearing and obstacle such as a tree or a mushroom from your base though the algorithm for this is highly random. However, the main way to acquire gems is through in-app purchases using real world money. Gems can be used to "boost" building and heroes. Usually for a small sum 10 to 20 gems a player can boost and thus speed up their building to give a times faster output for roughly two hours. Barracks and spell factories are commonly boosted on higher levels of play.Players may also used gems to boost mines and collectors giving twice the output for 24 hours. Boost costs are reduced on special days such as on the anniversaries of Clash of Clans and on Christmas and Halloween. Players may directly purchase gold and other resources for a really high rate compared to boosting and fully finish a building.Gems are also the only way to purchase new builders (up to a maximum of five).
  •  My opinion:
  • If you look for a good strategic game which you can play on daily base then you should try this one. I started playing in march and I just got ot TH8 few days ago. I'm addicted to this game and my friends are also playing. Just be aware this game requires a lot of patience.

• Source: Wikipedia
    ~yugideckfan

descriptionClash of Clans thread! - Page 2 EmptyRe: Clash of Clans thread!

more_horiz
    Only reason I'm still th 9 after 2 years is because I rushed from th 7 to th 8 and from th 8 to th 9 (decided to not do my walls, Tesla's and Archer towers because I was too lazy to farm up that gold), oh what a mistake that was... Spent so much time on walls and just unnecessary farming that I should have done when I was at the 7. Sad

Tl;dr: don't fucking rush

more_horiz
    DMK wrote:
    Only reason I'm still th 9 after 2 years is because I rushed from th 7 to th 8 and from th 8 to th 9 (decided to not do my walls, Tesla's and Archer towers because I was too lazy to farm up that gold), oh what a mistake that was... Spent so much time on walls and just unnecessary farming that I should have done when I was at the 7. Sad

Tl;dr: don't fucking rush

Story of so many clashers. I max my walls. My god-father is th9 with like 100 lvl 10 walls and rest lvl 9 Smile

more_horiz
    I still need like 70 more lvl 7 walls to lvl up to lvl 8

more_horiz
    You have a long way ahead of you bro...

more_horiz
    I know how to attack like a pro but my base is pretty meh for a town hall 9 Clash of Clans thread! - Page 2 3974120512

more_horiz
    Clash of Clans thread! - Page 2 3974120512 

But seriously, if you maxed your defense just do walls and don't go to TH10 till you have them all on lvl 9 at least Razz

more_horiz
    Pfffft, I know this shit. xD This game = 2 ez

more_horiz
    New changes to shield System and stuff, basically fixing stuff: 

more_horiz
    @Anzo clashing again? Smile

more_horiz
    Anyone playing Clash Royale? Smile

more_horiz
    I never could get into these games and royale

more_horiz
    JC the shadow hunter wrote:

They're pretty good.

more_horiz
    @Anzo you play Clash Royale?

more_horiz
    Lux wrote:
    JC the shadow hunter wrote:

They're pretty good.

Its not really whether theyre good or not, its just that i can never get into stuff that like "build empires" or some shit like that

more_horiz
    Royale is the must frustrating, annoying, fun game I have played in a while. I mean fuck man, some of that shit is so intense and so close. >_>

more_horiz
    DMK wrote:
    Royale is the must frustrating, annoying, fun game I have played in a while. I mean fuck man, some of that shit is so intense and so close. >_>

Ikr it's so intense and people say it's rather boring.

more_horiz
    when I played CoC I used a a whole bunch of minions and a few dragons for wars. Did very lovely.

more_horiz
    Yeah that tactic is pretty cool. Love Dragons!

more_horiz
    Dragoonion. Lovely tactic to use however it's expensive af, and isn't the easiest strategy to use. At th 8 I personally used archer over the minions mostly because no need to spend DE and i could use double the amount of archers as I could minions. Good stuff tho.

Update this...

more_horiz
    I'm still Th8 (lvl 93, almost maxed walls) so I still didn't use Lavaloonion.

And I will, and I will also add Clash Royale.

more_horiz
    I never got past TH7 in clash of clans

Tryna get into Clash Royale now 'cuz my cousins play it

more_horiz
    It's interesting. Basically the MOBA version of a card game. However it's allot more frustrating than Yu-Gi-Oh! and CoC lol.

more_horiz
    I just unlocked Arena 2 in Clash Royale. Deck I'm using is: 

Level 3 Knight, Level 2 Valkyrie, Level 3 Bomber, Level 3 Arrows, Level 2 Fireball, level 4 Musketeer, level 1 Baby Dragon
    Average Elixir Cost: 3.8

more_horiz
    What other cards do you have Linda? I am Arena 5.

more_horiz
    Level 3 archers, goblins, and spear goblins. I need to upgrade my Baby Dragon but i dont have enough gold

more_horiz
    You gotta use Spear Goblins. Great card!

more_horiz
    but the stats are so low

more_horiz
    Stats are like a bikini - they don't reveal everything Wink
    It's great and cheap defensive troop and it can be dangerous behind a tank (like giant).

more_horiz
    1. Spear Goblins are great for thinning the deck. 2. Spear goblins are also great for starting. You drop them right before the elixir reaches 10 to trick them into thinking you are going to attack that tower. 3. Easily takes out minion hordes and can take out dragons however that is situation. 4. The extremely low cost is just so damn good.

more_horiz
    Got some new cards, got a new deck

Level 3 Minions, level 3 Spear Goblins, Level 2 Bomb Tower, level 1 Mini PEKKA, level 4 Fireball, level 4 Valkyrie, Level 4 Baby Dragon

more_horiz
    privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    power_settings_newLogin to reply