Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionPredicted KCVDS meta EmptyPredicted KCVDS meta

more_horiz
Hey guys.

I'm going to give you all a run down on what will change when KCVDS 1.16 comes out... and I don't even know all of the cards for it, nor what the banlist will look like. However, my predictions for the most popular decks are as follows:

Tier 1:

-DAD rules supreme. There's a reason I would say this, and that is because at Shonen Jump Championships since DAD has come out have been absolutely swamped with DAD variants. When KCVDS 1.16 comes out, I am expecting it to be as formidable as real life, assuming at the very least TDGS will be in this new set, and possibly CSOC.

-Glad Beasts will come into the meta. Glad Beasts in 1.15 are (realistically) tier 2. A main reason for this is a lack of the major players, such as Darius, Equeste, War Chariot, and Test Tigers. I predict they will -also- sit at Tier 1 beside DAD.

-Lightsworns will open in this meta and will start with a bang. Lightsworns focus on swarming and in fact are very good at it.

Tier 1.5

-Monarchs. Monarch variants are only of the major players in 1.15 Meta but in the era of 1.16 they will start getting obsolete due to other decks' usage. Even though someone T16'ed with a version of Cornarchs, I do not feel they are completely Tier 1, especially with the meta changes. Monarchs were outs to Glad Beasts in real life, however with DAD coming in full force there will not be a GB craze.

-Gadgets. I like Gadgets, I really do. However, they are anti-meta, meaning they can lose to some of the most random cards. During 1.15 they were the decks that took out Monarchs, but with Monarchs becoming obsolete and Lightsworns having their 'swarms' Gadgets will probably be unable to keep up.

-Zombies. Zombies were not very prevalent in 1.15 and I do not know why. They were acceptable against anything except Macros, and few ran Macros. Playing Zombies in this format will be more varied, but will also a little easier.

Tier 2

-Six Samurai will be Tier 2. They can swarm like Lightsworns but they did not get the amount of support cards that Lightsworn did. In addition, Reasoning was moved down to one (effectively slowing their field control and rendering them less useful).

-Counter Fairies. They have a lot of power coming from the amount of drawing via Bountiful Artemis, and I have found them to be remarkably acceptable against DAD decks, but against other Archetypes they tend to have much less favorable matchups.

-Other anti-meta decks, such as ones featuring Raou, Neos Alius, etc. They see little tournament play and in my opinion are not great.

-Little/Big City. Little City focuses on getting a crushing amount of monsters, and Big City focuses on field control. Neither have shown much life in this part of the world. I predict they will be tier 2 because few will build a deck based on them (and fewer will use them).

If you have any questions regarding meta and perhaps about your favourite deck, or a deck that isn't listed, I can give you an answer.

-Aster

descriptionPredicted KCVDS meta EmptyRe: Predicted KCVDS meta

more_horiz
yea i thought the lightsworns would show themselves in the next version. there one of my favorite series.

and im sure the Synchros will make their appearance.

more_horiz
Synchros themselves will be at a Tier 2-ish level. Plants -may- be at Tier 2 depending on what cards are in 1.16.

more_horiz
I have heard that in 1.16 most cards will be locked there will be dueling points and a card shop which you can buy locked cards from. I hope not because then I would have to work for the cards D:

Um...what IS a meta???

more_horiz
Meta is what the decks to beat will be.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply