Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionSpell Speed EmptySpell Speed

more_horiz
Spell Speeds come in 3 + 1
Spell Speed 1
Spell Speed 2
Spell Speed 3
Spell Speed 4

A card with a particular Spell Speed can be countered only with a card with a Spell Speed that is greater, or equal to the card it is chained too.

The exception to this is Spell Speed 1, which cannot be used against each other in normal play, unless special situations allow it - Like Below

When they activate simultaneously i.e. 2 "Mystic Tomatos" attacking each other, or 2 "Sangans" attacking each other, with each effect activating in the Graveyard.

The Spell Speeds work this way

Spell Speed 1 < Spell Speed 2 < Spell Speed 3

Spell Speed 1 is the only Spell Speed that cannot be countered by cards of the same Spell Speed during normal play.

The following are all Spell Speed 1:
• Normal/Field/Continuous/Equip & Ritual Spell Cards
• Continuous/Ignition/Trigger & Flip Monster Effects

Spell Speed 2 cards can be used against Spell Speed 1 and other Spell Speed 2 cards as well

The following are all Spell Speed 2:
• Quick-Play Spell Cards
• Normal & Continuous Trap Cards
• Quick Monster Effects

Spell Speed 3 cards can be used to counter all the 3 Spell Speed cards. That means Dark Bribe can counter Royal Decree. But of course If Royal Decree is on the field you cannot activate traps.

Spell Speed 3 cards can only be countered with other Spell Speed 3 cards.

Therefore, you cannot counter "Negate Attack", "Magic Jammer", "Trap Jammer" or "Magic Drain" with "Royal Decree". That is you cannot Chain Royal Decree to counter traps.

The only cards that are Spell Speed 3 are Counter Trap Cards.

SPECIAL SPELL SPEED -- Sorry I didnt know abt it so i just copied it from some site

SPELL SPEED 4
UDE has repeatedly stated that Spell Speed 4 was never a concept that they designed for use in the TGC
Spell Speed 4 is a quasi-official Spell Speed that was devised to accurately translate the effect(s) of "The Seal of Orichalcos" by Upper Deck Entertainment for use in their "Duel the Master" side events.

It has no real-life relation in either the OCG or TCG, and was only intended for use by Upper Deck Entertainment for their version of "The Seal of Orichalcos", to indicate that no other card could counter it, apart from another Spell Speed 4 effect (which would only be "The Seal of Orichalcos").

Last edited by Assassin on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionSpell Speed EmptyRe: Spell Speed

more_horiz
You stole my idea -.-''

But good job. And there is no speed 4...

more_horiz
Spell Speed 4 is in reference to the anime only as he stated in his article

btw u had to research? lol this is basic stuff

more_horiz
Abt Spell Speed 4. I was just checking on the net and i found that there is Spell speed 4 too and that it wat i made a reaserch on lol -- SS 4

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply