Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionYugioh Timeline EmptyYugioh Timeline

more_horiz
So the debate of time in Yu-Gi-Oh is a heated one between me and my friends and I want to share the timeline so you can all make some opinions on it and perhaps offer more information.

Duel Monsters - 1996 (The year the series was made)

End of Duel Monsters - 2000 (4 years later when Yugi and the gang would graduate from Domino high)

Duel Monsters GX - 2010 (It can be found on multiple sources such as the Yugioh Wiki and information on DVDs that the GX era begins 10 years after the original series)

End of Duel Monsters GX - 2014 (That's right GX ended in the year this topic was made crazy huh, we know it ends 4 years after the start to allow for another 4 years of school) 

Duel Monsters 5D's - 2020/2021 - (we lack a specific starting point for this series but we can take the guess of it being either 2020 or 2021 due to the 2021 signs during the grand prix)

End of Duel Monsters 5D's - 2022-2023 (We do know the series however lasts only two years making it the shortest time wise of all the series up to this point)

Duel Monsters ZeXal - ????/2031 (Sadly at this point we don't know anything about the time this series takes place other than being after the series of 5D's due to the lack of XYZ in 5D's. We can estimate is takes place somewhere between 7 and 10 years later due to previous time jumps however)

End of Duel Monsters ZeXal - ????/???? 2031/2032 (Lucky for us our room for error within the series itself is impossible thanks to the school uniforms of the main cast, the school fettered in Zexal has color based outfits Red first year then Green then Blue since the outfits on the characters don't change we know its still the same school year.)

Duel Monsters Arc-V - ????/2041 (Yet again we run into the problem we have had with Zexal as of the day of this post there has been no official time given in the series as such we are again left to estimate the time this series starts.)

descriptionYugioh Timeline EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
I've always wondered about this myself. After the original series was over. GX seemed to have moved much forward in the future and took place in a time where Yugi was still present, same for Kaiba. However, during the 5Ds era, It was always refered to 'Yugi' and 'Jaden' as the past era, meaning they were dead in other words. That alone should tell us that the world have moved at least 50 to 100 years in the future for Yugi and Seto to live their whole lives before they die. I haven't watched the other series but judging fom the story and the art It's at least another 50 year in the future.

When that movie, Time Bounding, or what ever the name was, first came out. Yugi and Jaden were already dead. The proof, is that they were refereed to as 'legends' and not 'celebrities' or something.

My own taking for this, is that each event took place 50 years in the future - at least - after the previous series have ended, if you take into consideration the level of acceleration in cultures in the anime, and the scientific advancement, then you must considered that such development takes time. You cannot change the whole shape of a city in 10 years.

Another thing, is that during the Time Bounding - again i can't remember the exact movie name - Yugi and Jaden were both shocked at Yusie's Synchro monster. If It's indeed as you say, 10 years different more or less between each series then Yugi and Jaden would still be alive and would still have had knowledge of the existence of this new type of monsters, yet they didn't.

So, as I stated, I believe each series is separated by at least 50 years.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply