Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Staff Positions Available

+58
PowerNova
Kangaroo-Jolty
CrimsonOverlord
Alisae
Pepchoninga
Debi
Frisky Badger
Neji
Drunkion
Gustavo
KING_ATLAS
Nuran
BlackJack
LilithSamara
Aannax
Yarn Tethers
Lux
Ultimate_Duelist5000
Heartbreaker
Sam-OP
sintras4
JC the shadow hunter
Natsubot
Booked
Fearless XI
AngelicMinaj
Kairi
Skitoritto
Linda-Senpai
Quasar
xyel
DuskMage
Salader
King Of Games
Bhekstar007
Zeox
Trickster
Virus
Yuma1148
DeathStalker
DMK
LòKóS
Galaksii
Jue Viole Grace
Gremlin
bts567
Foolist
robyschlager
Kandy.JPEG
Etwizzy
~Nickz
King_G
Jv
unreal
spottysn1per
zactheking
akatsuki.madara
Anzo
62 posters

descriptionStaff Positions Available EmptyStaff Positions Available

more_horiz
Hello, minions.

Usually we tend to contact members who have potential ourselves; however, we decided to to spread our arms wide open and accept everyone -- give everyone an equal opportunity.

You'll need to have the following requirements, of course nothing fancy, but also something to assure we're not jumping off the plane without having our parachutes either:

Time: Basically, you need to have some free time to spare to our community on daily bases, doing your duties as part of the staff team and providing your assistance to our community as well. Believe it or not, 30 minute everyday is quite enough!

Experience: With that I don't mean experience in being a Moderator or part of Staff Team at other forums, more like knowing what you're doing, and what you need to do, and when to do it. All that adds up to the experience you'll be getting from being part of our staff team.

Maturity: We're a community based around a Children Card Game, we try to avoid going into deep issues that makes people feel bored and such. People come to our community to forget about their real life problems and just have a good time. Being part of the staff team meaning you need to know how to be decent, discipline, and respectful toward others. Being a Staff Member doesn't mean you're above everyone else, It just means you're more willing to be understanding for their problems and everything must be resolved professionally -- beside having a good time of course.

That's pretty much all. If you feel like you have what It takes; what we're asking for, you could post in this topic, also, add me on Skype so we could have a small chat, just to see if you're fit for the job Smile

If you don't have a Skype, then put below a time you can meet up with me in our chat.

P.S. Include in your Skype Friend Contact Request that you're applying for the position. I don't normally accept random requests.

Use the following form for your post

Code:

[b]Skype:[/b]
[b]Time online:[/b]
[b]Experience:[/b]
Position:
[b]About you:[/b]

Keep this topic spam-free, please.

descriptionStaff Positions Available EmptyRe: Staff Positions Available

more_horiz
so can a slifter be a stuff member if so which one

more_horiz
i would love to go for the chat mod poistion because i'm always in the chatbox 
DN:zmagr2
Time online:like 4 hours a day 
experience:i have had experiance being apart of so many diffrent chatroom so i know how to be a chat mod and i have learned for some of the chat mods from other chatroom 
Position:
chat mod poistion 
About you: i love to play yu gi oh as u can see, i am an senior art student. i like to take control also i love to be a leader so i can be a role model for others and i love to help so i volenter at a lot of places 

descriptionStaff Positions Available EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Ok guys as it is for now we have reviewed staff and the need for new staff isn't as large as we had feared. Now do not fear this doesn't mean there won't be chances to become staff.

We currently have no teachers as you may know, so the position is temporarily removed. So from that information you can see why demand is not as large all of a sudden.

My current advice to both of you and to all others who would like a staff role is to show good commitment to the academy. Spend time using it's resources to improve. Take part in tournaments and discussions. Help other members. These are the sort of things we like to see. Currently you 2 only have around 10 posts each so work on posting in the forums. Make yourselves known to us as good mature members who we feel we can make use of. It is also worth using your time to gain more experience DA to help your chances and perhaps try to rank up dorm.  

Trust me the chances will come as we take on new, greater ventures at this academy where we will need more staff. So be patient and listen to my advice. Finally thank you for showing an interest in furthering your academy experience, we hope that in the near future we can provide what you seek.

Further information may be given by admins on some possible roles we may need filling but I'm just letting you know the basics of recent conversations, so apologies if it's a bit vague. Keep an eye here for new information. Smile

more_horiz
@Madara: Everyone can apply, your Rank/Dorm shouldn't matter.

@Zac: EDIT: I had to change my statement, hopefully you didn't read my previous post, It'll make it easier lol. Anyway, I have no reason not to hire you as a Chat Mod; however, you'll need to increase your activity around the forum, just to make sure you have interest in our community. Once that's achieved, we'll talk business. (This applies to everyone)

Add me on Skype for further details: anmar_wolffy

@For everyone else: Alongside what Spotty has said, we now only need 1-2 Assistants for Reporting duties, and other general specific-section-mod-duty or whatever that is.

more_horiz
I wana become an admin(yay)...can i?

more_horiz
It's not "impossible", It's just not possible Smile

more_horiz
DN: Jv18
Time online: I Enter often to see new post and Post. So have not a defined time but is more than 30 min so it's okay Smile
Experience: I'm in another Duel Academy Forum a "Professor" and I'll continue to post even if there's Inactivity! So I have the "Experience" to don't give up and try again and again catch the attention of people Smile
Position: I think I can fulfil the position you need to be fulfilled! xD Have not preferences on this.
About you: I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! Since a lot a lot of years. I've been playing Video Games : GBA, NDS and PSP. Also I've tried every simulator starting from YVD, DMU Now DMG, DN, Ygopro Percival, Devpro. So I've gained a vasty knowledge about Rulings, Archtypes and Formats SO I Know every News of the Game and Improvements.. I've Watched the ANIME of Yu-Gi-oh! - and I'm watching now ARC-V

more_horiz
Hi Jv thank you for your application. Currently we have removed the Professor position entirely. Last I knew we had also filled all our staff spaces. Anzo may correct me on that however.

In a while there may be spaces for new staff but in the meantime keep posting around and helping other members to prove to us you are the sort of member we would want in our staff in the future.

more_horiz
Are there any positions left?

more_horiz
We're still figuring it out, but for the time being, there aren't any.

more_horiz
Also G we don't often hire people who haven't been through testing yet. I suggest that if you want a staff job in the future you submit for the new test system and increase your post count.

more_horiz
[b]Skype: Nickz The Luster Soldier
[b]DN:Nickstarz
[b]Time online:Everyday
[b]Experience:Well I've beenn Mod,at NA,JDA,GDA,VDA
Position:Moderator
[b]About you:Well I'm a 14yr old boy who loves football and strives to make everything fun :D

more_horiz
Dude I think you need to be abit more active around the forum first and I dont think this topic is still ment to be open lol

more_horiz
His first post: A staff position app

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
His first post: A staff position app

Poor Nick, the Elder One - Misuta Kyandi is now your foe. You cannot even think you will be a Staff Member, at least for years.

more_horiz
Why don't you let me reply here instead of letting the kid down?

@Nick: Thanks for applying. However, the way we pick Staff members is that we look at who has been active at the end of each month, and consider them for a staff position - if there happen to be a spot open. For now, you haven't been active much around the forum. You need to show daily activity in DA and also participate in our events. I'd love to take your word when/if you say that you're going to be active; however, this is not a professional method to do business. If you truly would like a shot at getting a staff position, show up more around the forum.

more_horiz
I still havnt recived my Admin position Staff Positions Available 4204681869

On a more serious note is this topic still ment to be open?

more_horiz
Yes. I'll keep it open even if we don't need any more staffers at the moment.

more_horiz
DN:robyschlager
Time online:Whenever i can get on or needed
Experience: former Tester on NDA and have experience with a wide variety of dueling network forums  
Position: Best available
About you: I'm 19 year old guy that has never had a important forum administrative position. I'm extremely handy with computers and woukd love have the chace to be a part of your team. I get on pretty much everyday and can be active as needed

more_horiz
Thank you Roby, even though we don't require any staffers at this moment, you'll be on our list next time we discuss who to hire.

more_horiz
I'm willing to give any position a shot. I need more things to do in life. I'm on my computer all day and 80% of the time I'm bored doing nothing on DN. If I had a staff position somewhere I would be very happy. DNF is falling apart so I'm feeling more interested in joining this. FACT: My record for posts in one day is 70 posts on DNF. I have 6 alts on DNF each with 100-300 posts. Foolist has 630.

Skype/DN
My DN is Foolist Skype is cinnaminbits (I'm never on skype but I crack out hours and hours on DN #nolife)
Experience
My previous experience involves being one of the 3 middle level managers of my workplace, me being a rank 2 (out of 3) chat moderator on a chatroom thing called plug.dj and the head of #sunbirdnation, otherwise known as the crimson sunbird fanclub. I am the main reason behind the crimson sunbird being an avatar on DN as I recruited 4 people who obtained around 15 votes from dn people each, my adding being 34 exactly (of course I would remember that xD) so yes, I can handle a job.
Time
I am on 5 hours a day at least 8 is more like it, but on weekends I crack out about 11 hours xD I feel like a nerd for saying this XD
About me
About me? I have a darker past, very sad, I wouldn't want to kill the mood so if you wish to know I would rather you pm me.

more_horiz
Well aznou if DA doesnt need staff for the moment we can just lock the topic xD

more_horiz
Thanks for applying, Foolist. Similar to what I said to Roby, we current have no open spots for a Staff position; however, we tend to evaluate our staffers at the end of each month and hire new folks instead of those inactive ones. So keep your eyes on your Inbox.

@Jv: This topic should stay open. We always need new staffers. You never know when someone goes inactive or lose interest.

more_horiz
oh well you are right

more_horiz
My skype is bts567fu
and my dn is bts567
Im in the US central time and my availability is everyday during the day till 9pm central . Friday Saturday is all day.

I've played yugioh since the very beginning; I have taken a break from Yugioh In RL because of financial problems.
 I would love to be admin of anything Smile
I love you guys
 I'm 19 Ik some spanish cuz im half mexican lol
I work in a warehouse working my ass off to pay my 2014dodge dart. Which is my baby. And Im in like every yugioh Facebook group except zodiacCuz i got banned XDDD Admins are gey on there.  Such cancer

more_horiz
admin of anything doesn't exist. maybe you wanna say Moderator or assistant with a prefixed job.

anyways my dear bts we have no spot free. we have + staff than the one we need tbh xD

more_horiz
Still love you

more_horiz
way to go JV you upset him

you should of gave him your position

more_horiz
Jv always posts even though he has no saying in this Staff Positions Available 1151057309

@bts567 thanks for applying.

I won't say we got no open spots at the moment; however, next time we consider hiring a new staff member we'll look at your application and your overall activity in our forum and take it into consideration.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum