Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionUzumaki  EmptyUzumaki

more_horiz
------Uzumaki------
(and no it doesn't involve ninjas or Kishimoto.)
Note: If you are queasy or easily disturbed don't open any spoilers or read this thread.

Uzumaki  71336-11952-104334-1-uzumaki
Well, I was bored so I thought I would make a topic about this new manga I started reading called Uzumaki by Junji Ito.
Spoiler :
As probably assumed from the picture above this is a horror manga, and no not horror like naked titans, or murderous loli's, but truly something terrifying.

The story is about a girl named Kirie Goshima and her boyfriend Saito who have to go through the unraveling of their hometown because of an obsession of "the spiral"
Spoiler :
The artwork is very cringe worthy and distrubing and is one of the best aspects of the manga. If you are interested in something that is scary and good or you think things like Attack On Titan, Elfen Lied, or Higurashi is scary this is for you

MAY THE SPIRAL BE WITH YOU

Uzumaki  Orig-9675341

descriptionUzumaki  EmptyRe: Uzumaki

more_horiz
Honestly Junji Ito is probably my favorite Mangaka, and Uzamaki is without a doubt one of my favorite. There's something about his distinct art and atmosphere that, while some of the plots are lacking, really carries his manga. It's true for all of his works, too. Not just Uzamaki. There isn't really anything in Anime that you can compare it to, though. Anime doesn't seem to be capable of carrying the same atmosphere, and no 'horror' anime I've ever seen has even come close to even tingling a fraction of the dread some of Ito's stories do. 
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply