Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionYCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! EmptyYCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History!

more_horiz
Finals: Samuel Pedigo (Geargia) vs. Konrad Grünewald (Dragon Ruler)

This is the face of Konrad Grünewald:

Reporter wrote:
YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! IMG_6259

Konrad Grünewald felt like the underdog in this match, but he wouldn't go down without putting up a fight!

Pedigo won the die roll and naturally, he wanted to go first. He set 4 back row cards and ended.

Grünewald thought about his possible openings, he then activated Dragon Ravine and he discarded Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos to also add Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms to his Graveyard. He set 2 back row cards before ending. Geargiagear got activated and Grünewald had no response, so Pedigo Special Summoned Geargiano Mk-II and Geargiano from his Deck to the field.

Reporter wrote:
YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! IMG_6255

The Geargia Trap helped Pedigo to improve his position momentarily!
On his following turn, Pedigo Summoned Geargiaccelerator and he used it and Geargiano Mk-II to Xyz Summon Gear Gigant X. Grünewald wanted to read the card again; good news for Pedigo. A Solemn Warning got activated after he realized that this might be one of the better cards from Pedigo’s Extra Deck, the Texan then checked his face-down cards and he then activated another Geargiagear. Grünewald had Maxx "C".

2 Geargiano Mk-II hit play and one of them and Geargiano were used to Xyz Summon Gear Gigant X. It allowed Pedigo to search his Deck for Genex Ally Birdman, he then used a Call of the Haunted to bring back Geargiaccelerator, Genex Ally Birdman returned it to his hand, he Special Summoned it again and Grünewald drew card after card for Maxx "C". Pedigo set a monster, he then used Genex Ally Birdman and Geargiaccelerator to Special Summon Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei", this then got him Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 "Nishipachi", he flipped Geargiarmor with its effect, searhching his Deck for Geargiaccelerator.

Reporter wrote:
YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! IMG_6256

Pedigo simply decided that cards in his opponent's hand wouldn't matter...
He went on and Synchro Summoned a second Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei", this then got him Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan" and he now felt like that was enough to proceed with attacks. Grünewald put a card on the table from his hand, but it was neither Swift Scarecrow nor Battle Fader, so Pedigo’s gamble paid off big time!

Samuel Pedigo takes the first Duel!

It didn’t seem like Pedigo would go for the gamble right away; he carefully considered whether he had any other real out to win the first game. After he drew the conclusion that an all-in attack with several Synchro Monsters was the way to go, he ignored that Grünewald might be holding on to 15 cards in his hand, simply Summoning monster after monster and risking it all. A brave decision that got him the win, but then again, it was Thanksgiving, right?

Reporter wrote:
YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! IMG_6260

Samuel Pedigo didn't just play like a Poker player, he also looked like one! (Dat gangsta tho)
Grünewald started with 5 face-down Spell or Trap Cards and the players watching the game on the big screen immediately booed him for it. They really wanted the underdog Deck to win this one.

Geargiarmor hit the field and Grünewald had no response. It attacked, but Raigeki Breakdestroyed it, with a Dragon Ruler getting sent to the Graveyard. Pedigo set 2 back row cards, with Call of the Haunted getting hit by Mystical Space Typhoon.
Grünewald didn’t perform any actions. Geargiagear got activated during the End Phase, much to Grünewald’s dismay. 2 Geargiano Mk-II hit the field.
Reporter wrote:
YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! IMG_6264

Pedigo's Geargiagear seemed to kill all of the remaining motivation that Grünewald had left!

On the following turn, Pedigo activated Upstart Goblin. He then Summoned Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan" before using it and one of the Geargiano Mk-IIs to Synchro Summon Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00x "Bureido". Fiendish Chain got activated to make sure it wouldn’t have an effect, so an attack with Geargiano Mk-II followed and Pedigo passed play.

Grünewald drew into a second card. He discarded both copies of Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders to return Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos from the Graveyard, with Pedigo discarding Maxx "C" and Grünewald attacked with the Dragon Ruler over Geargiano Mk-II.

Geargiano got Pedigo Geargiarmor. He set a back row card and ended. During his opponent’s Draw Phase, he flipped Imperial Iron Wall.

Grünewald was forced to pass without performing any actions.

Pedigo drew into Seven Tools of the Bandit. He also had Maxx "C" and Genex Ally Birdman in his hand, so not exactly what he seemed to be looking for. Genex Ally Birdman got Normal Summoned and Grünewald discarded Maxx "C". Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00x "Bureido" then got switched to Defense Position, Geargiarmor attacked, Genex Ally Birdman followed and in Main Phase 2, Pedigo set Seven Tools of the Bandit.

Grünewald didn’t perform any actions.

Reporter wrote:
YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! IMG_6265

Pedigo brought out Burei and Grünewald flipped Skill Drain!

Skill Drain countered the effect of the Synchro Summoned Monster, so Pedigo simply attacked with it before passing play. Grünewald drew, he still didn’t find an answer to the Imperial Iron Wall lock and that’s when he extended the hand.

Samuel Pedigo is your  YCS Turin Winner!

Both players shook hands and exchanging pleasantries after the match concluded, with Samuel Pedigo needing a few more moments before he realized what had just happened.

One of his friends helped him to break out of his state, congratulating him on the win and causing him to smile for the minutes that followed. Then a stream of players rushed into the Feature Match area, all eager to get their Game Mats signed by the fortunate winner!

Congratulations again to Samuel Pedigo, your YCS Turin Winner!

ONE AGAIN! ALL HAIL THE MACHINES!

I'm sorry for the inconvenient, but it looks like I haven't found their decklists yet. I will update this when I find more information.
Now bye!

Update:

- 1st place deck: http://www.duelacademy.net/t34103-ycs-italy-1st-place
- 2nd place decK: ???

descriptionYCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! EmptyRe: YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History!

more_horiz
Finally, a reporter doing things right. Keep it up meng.

But geargia doe. damn.

descriptionYCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! EmptyRe: YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History!

more_horiz
History? Not exactly, with that mained hate and considering there were 23 Dragon Rulers decks, it's more of a fuck you thing. Real proof that the current meta is stagnant.

more_horiz
The Doctor wrote:

But geargia doe. damn.

YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! 3974120512 Thanks bro.

ALu wrote:
History? Not exactly, with that mained hate and considering there were 23 Dragon Rulers decks, it's more of a **** you thing. Real proof that the current meta is stagnant.

You can't do anything ;w; Feel with it.

more_horiz
Geargias? good stuff!

more_horiz
Alu is right, on top of that, geargia were explosive from the get go, just that most decks used weren't made to last.

more_horiz
The Doctor wrote:

But geargia doe. damn.

I gave him the job of tourney's etc cuz im so generous... Anyway good job Centrik

more_horiz
LegendaryFrost wrote:
Alu is right, on top of that, geargia were explosive from the get go, just that most decks used weren't made to last.

I know D:

TDS wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

But geargia doe. damn.

I gave him the job of tourney's etc cuz im so generous... Anyway good job Centrik

Thank you papa std :> I still have the problem with codes though. You taught me copypasting skill but no editing skill, so I had to learn it myself Sad

more_horiz
I hope KONAMI is butthurt right now, they desperately made Rulers strong, and they got owned by this superman-like-duelist.

more_horiz
Learn editing skills YCS Turin's Final: Geargia's Are Making Their History! 1151057309 .
You kinda "ruined" the story with your formatting Razz.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
I hope KONAMI is butthurt right now, they desperately made Rulers strong, and they got owned by this superman-like-duelist.

Because he's a gangsta. Dat hoody.

@Ski I'm sure I'm far better than you.

more_horiz
yes geargia :D

more_horiz
asura wrote:
yes geargia Very Happy

Do you love them? :D

more_horiz
yes there spammers Smile who doesn't love spamming

more_horiz
asura wrote:

asura wrote:

xD Spamming is so fun. Except letting Heat see all my spammy posts ;w;

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply