Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTCG is so fast EmptyTCG is so fast

more_horiz
How long, if ever do you think it will become slow again Sad?

descriptionTCG is so fast EmptyRe: TCG is so fast

more_horiz
It used to be faster... so maybe, but I doubt it. As the game grows larger, cards get stronger, combos get easier to execute, special summon monsters with huge attack power and effects come out faster. I don't see the game slowing down too much anymore unless the people playing run decks with certain restrictions.

more_horiz
The TCG is born to be fast. Makes the game exciting.

more_horiz
the game used to be alot faster and alot more OP than it is now, idk why people act like it used to be slow.

more_horiz
Well, to be honest, it DID slow down considering what the previous format offered.

And yes, the game was MUCH slower back then. The only searchers you had available were Sangan and Gold Sarcophagus. Draw power was a luxury at best and traps were a force to be reckoned with.

Hell, that was why Jinzo was so popular. And now look what happened to him.

Sure, the game had some hiccups (That Stratos Deck), but it wasn't that uber. 2008 was probably the best year for this game.

more_horiz
It's because want to make their official duels go faster, such as the YCS, each match used to take for ever; hence, they made monsters with +2000 attack point and can be special summoned if you sneezed, because screw strategic combo.

more_horiz
Hmm... I like it fast. Slow duels, I find, are just boring with neither players doing much. Duels that last a long time, but with both players going at each other full force can be entertaining too, if strategic moves are being made with a uncommon deck.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply