Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTCG vs OCG ban list, what do you prefer? EmptyTCG vs OCG ban list, what do you prefer?

more_horiz
Before the lists go into date, I would like to know how many of you prefer the TCG list and how many prefer the OCG list. And why.

For me I have to say I prefer the TCG list overall, but I do like the OCG list quite a bit for some cases. I like how konami has banned dark hole and monster reborn, as they were pretty strong. But by banning Heavy storm it was best for them to ban quite a few staple trap cards like solemn judgment, bottomless, compulsory, torrential. So while you do have to be more carefull and smart before you move as you dont have heavy storm, the spells and traps wont be as overwhelming due to the ban of quite a few of the staple traps.
Monster reborn was also another card I kinda hated. It allowed most bad plays of attacking or summoning the monster be at the cost of 1 card that can special summon it again (in most cases), but also being able to summon monsters from your opponents graveyard was quite strong so I have to agree with this ban too.

For the ocg I like that they limited bigeye, though I think the card was pretty OP and should have been banned, as it was a 2600 atk beater with the effect to gain control of an opponents monster with no cost. Considering most people would have run only 1 makes this monster limited nearly useless. But at least when the monster is gone its probably gone for good (at least the effect)
For making mirror force unlimited I liked that too, though running 3 mirror force will not be a very good idea most of the time and might make the deck a little worst as there are some other cards that sometimes do the work better making it unlimited was quite a good idea as there is still the option and heavy in the ocg is unbanned.

Tired of typing, your turn to say what banlist you prefer mostly

descriptionTCG vs OCG ban list, what do you prefer? EmptyRe: TCG vs OCG ban list, what do you prefer?

more_horiz
Firstly, Dark Hole wasn't banned.

Secondly, I like the TCG better overall, since it will lead to an interesting format where people will really have to think about their decks.

I do still like the OCG because of double Bestiari and a single Trishula though.

descriptionTCG vs OCG ban list, what do you prefer? EmptyRe: TCG vs OCG ban list, what do you prefer?

more_horiz
OCG feels like a backrow fest. Sure, it's fun and it still has Stratos but...

TCG just feels good. It's severe, it goes directly to the point, it has a purpose and a mission to attempt to balance a game that was getting out of control. It sucks that Stratos is out, but the list just feels exciting. Makes us want to go back to the drawing board and try to figure out a new, more effective deck.

If people don't feel this way, if they really needed those staples to feel secure or simply because they needed them to get their victory, then they never enjoyed the game to begin with. It's a challenge, and if people won't take it and leave out of being thrown out of their comfort zone then good riddance.

more_horiz
i liked ocg because of trishula limited , other than that i like the TCG more since it flip the game upside down , kinda annoyed that mermail and dark world will own next format but it can still lead to more decks , more combos and more fun ^^

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply