Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTCG Talker: Battle Pack 2 Release EmptyTCG Talker: Battle Pack 2 Release

more_horiz
TCG Talker: Battle Pack 2 Release Bp02_2bx_bundles-v2

One of the most anticipated sets of the year. Battle Packs are a very beloved set ever since the release of BP1: Epic Dawn a year ago. Battle Packs are incredible sets that include amazing cards that were very hard to get and made them very accessible. Cards in Battle Pack 1 include Tour Guide of The Underworld, Obelisk the Tormentors alternate art, Tragoedia, Machina Fortress, Tiras keeper of genesis and a whole bunch of amazing cards as well. Battle Pack 2 comes in with an even crazier variety of cards, so let's take a look. For a list, click here.

From that list from what has been revealed, let's discuss some of the cards. For starters, Pot of Duality. This is the 5th reprint of Duality and Konami's last attempt to just destroy the value of Duality. Great Normal monsters like Alexandrite Dragon and Gene-warped Werewolf are also reprinted as well. Dark Magician of Chaos was reprinted already in BP1 so again, it's nice to see it reprinted yet again (if only it was legal). Amazing cards like Dandylion, Cyber Dragon, Plaguespreader Zombie, Card Trooper and Kycoo The ghost destroyer which totally surprised me.

Now let's discuss some of the cards that were TOTALLY AMAZING TO REPRINT. First off, MERMAIL ABYSSMEGALO.... Like, what the hell was going through Konami's head when making BP2. Although the price of Megalo has gone done significantly since the March 2013 format hit, Megalo is still a very expensive card. But seriously???? Making it from only a secret rare in Abyss Rising to a rare/Mosaic Rare in BP2. I'm not mad about this at all, honestly, I'm frigging pumped to buy a box of this and hope I can pull 3 of them. Cardcar D is also being reprinted. Again, a card that was 40-50 dollars and only printed in secret rare, is now a mosaic rare in BP2. I mean I'm kind of regretting buying my cardcar for 40 dollars e.e Breakthrough Skill and Forbidden Lance. Yet again very high priced cards now turned into rares in this set. But the best thing about this set in my opinion is the 3 Egyptian Gods, reprinted in their Original art with their effects. The reprint art for Obelisk the Tormentor and Winged Dragon of Ra were mediocre compared to the original, although Slifers reprint art is much better than the original.

This set comes out on June 28th, 2013. I am dying to buy a box of this and I can't wait to open it. So this concludes my BP2: War of the Giants review. If you guys want to discuss this set more, please leave a post down below. Also, I have given myself the position to make articles on every new set Konami puts out. So next time when more info has been released, will be the Blaster and Tidal Tins. But thanks again for reading and until next time, see ya.

descriptionTCG Talker: Battle Pack 2 Release EmptyRe: TCG Talker: Battle Pack 2 Release

more_horiz
Thinking that Konami is trying to make the game more accessible and giving hope to newbies.  Like me. :s  
1.  E-Drags are easy enough to pilot so that even new kids can play.  
2.  Battle Pack 2 contains higher priced cards so that people who usually don't have access to many cards can get easier access to decks.

Yay.  Hope for me. ._.  Or...  They're making us spend money on this so that they'd make money. ;p

descriptionTCG Talker: Battle Pack 2 Release EmptyRe: TCG Talker: Battle Pack 2 Release

more_horiz
Giving me hope in playing Tidal Mermails XD

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply