Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionPlease Help Improve my Dark World Deck EmptyPlease Help Improve my Dark World Deck

more_horiz
Alright, for a while now I have been playing MANY different archetypes to see if I could transition into something other than Dark World and play better...but this does not seem to be the case. I just seem to be a Dark World sort of guy! Therefore, I would like everyone's help in improving my deck to maximize its capabilities and also prepare it for any hard-counter cards like dimensional fissure/macro cosmos.

Decklist:
Monsters (17)
3x Grapha, Dragon-Lord of Dark World
2x Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World
1x Sillva, Warlord of Dark World
3x Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
3x Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
2x Trance Archfiend
1x Tragoedia
2x Tour Guide From the Underworld

Spells (15)
1x Allure of Darkness
3x Dark World Dealings
3x The Gates of Dark World
2x Gateway to Dark World
1x Foolish Burial
1x Card Destruction
1x Monster Reborn
3x Dragged Down Into the Grave

Traps (Cool
2x Eradicator Epidemic Virus
3x Compulsory Evacuation Device
3x Reckless Greed

Extra Deck: (what should I add?)

2x Leviar the Sea Dragon
1x Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
2x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Number 12:Crimson Shadow Armored Ninja
1x Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
1x Wind-Up Arsenal Zenmaioh
2x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Thunder End Dragon

Side Deck: (try to help fix please)
3x Royal Decree
3x Dark Smog
2x Deck Devastation Virus
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Heavy Storm
2x Dust Tornado

Basically, I need to find the perfect balance between Dark World monsters and discard effects. Also, I would prefer to lose as little hand advantage as possible. And finally, of course, be able to win match games at a reasonable rate considering that Dark World can be quite hard countered. Here are some current cards I'm considering:

Mind Crush: There are several cards in my deck that force my opponent to reveal their hand to me; of course, I could just make use of the discard effect as well.

Depth Amulet: Does this card trigger Dark World effects? If it does, should I put it in?

Dark Smog: I feel like I should at the very least side deck some copies of this card, if not main deck it; what do you guys think?

Well that's just about it...anyway, please post guys, I'm really counting on you!

Last edited by taznkid on Tue May 28, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

descriptionPlease Help Improve my Dark World Deck EmptyRe: Please Help Improve my Dark World Deck

more_horiz
Hi taznkid , Dark Worlds are the most played Arch in Serbia, i played them myself so i hope my exp will be of use..
So Monsters:
You need 2 Trance Archfiends, kick Tragoedia and Darkness Neosphere.
Ok Spells:
Dragged Down Into the Grave is a must,so run 3 of it !
Dark World Lightning ,well (You destroy face down card and then discard, in this format Prophecy ,Dragon Rulers,Mermail use almost no trap cards it is kinda useless so change it for 2 MST ,keep it in side for Fire Fists).
Traps:
Fiendish Chain is also useful so use 2 of them.
Compulsory Evacuation Device is a must in this format,run 2 .
Side Deck:
Since you have Cyber Dragon and Fabled raven, you can run 2 veilers and one BLS.
Extra Deck depends on your strategy ,so you need to do it yourself.

Last edited by Alhemičar on Thu May 23, 2013 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thanks to Jill ;))

descriptionPlease Help Improve my Dark World Deck EmptyRe: Please Help Improve my Dark World Deck

more_horiz
@C You'll need to tell him the reasons not just "this is good/bad" :O

Will fix later.

more_horiz
Alhemičar wrote:

Hi taznkid , Dark Worlds are the most played Arch in Serbia, i played them myself so i hope my exp will be of use..
So Monsters:
You need 2 Trance Archfiends, kick Tragoedia and Darkness Neosphere.
Ok Spells:
Dragged Down Into the Grave is a must,so run 3 of it !
Dark World Lightning ,well (You destroy face down card and then discard, in this format Prophecy ,Dragon Rulers,Mermail use almost no trap cards it is kinda useless so change it for 2 MST ,keep it in side for Fire Fists).
Traps:
Fiendish Chain is also useful so use 2 of them.
Compulsory Evacuation Device is a must in this format,run 2 .
Side Deck:
Since you have Cyber Dragon and Fabled raven, you can run 2 veilers and one BLS.
Extra Deck depends on your strategy ,so you need to do it yourself.

@Yillon: Exactly. That is exactly what I need someone fixing to do.

Now for the fix. Thanks, and I shall consider the fixes. For those that see this post later, here is my current thought process.

Trance Archfiend...I don't really know. It is pretty good if I got my Grapha banished, but I do run three of him and Snoww so searching for him is pretty easy, and I doubt I'll get all three banished. Otherwise, 2000 attack is not really anything impressive, and as far as I know, there is no other ability that he has that can be of use, whereas Tragoedia and Darkness Neosphere can be used as pseudo-Gorz; also, Tragoedia can help with level four xyz's (its take control eff) and for making some of my own, and Darkness Neosphere cannot be destroyed by battle, which could come into play in a game (although he'll probably die to a card eff quickly, he'll probably still buy me a turn or so).

I will not necessarily go up against those tier one decks...its not like I'm entering a YCS...so I might keep Dark World Lightning in, but there is actually a very good chance that I will do what you suggested and switch it out for a Mystical Space Typhoon.

Fiendish Chain is something that I have never really considered. I never really considered it to be a good card, just because most decks will have some form of back-row hate that will kill it and then suddenly it was useless (especially Mystical Space Typhoon, since you can chain it as a quick-spell, whereas effect veiler you cannot).

Compulsory Evacuation Device I think I'll run...most decks don't use boss monsters by summoning from hand rather than extra deck, so it would certainly be useful; also it does have a lot of versatility in terms of when and on what monsters you can use it on.

I won't run Black Luster Soldier. Just...no. This is not some wierd version of a twilight deck, and I don't think I'll have the monsters for it, not to mention siding it in will mean switching out ALOT of my Dark World Monsters (since I'll need to include effect veilers or other monsters)which means I might as well get rid of Grapha as well. As powerful as Black Luster Soldier is...I just don't think he is worth restructuring my entire deck in the middle of a match for.

I actually plan on getting rid of Cyber Dragon from my side deck...I have never ever once sided him, whereas all the other cards I have at one time or another (and several times doing so won me the 2nd game, especially those Mystical Space Typhoons...Gellenduos are actually suprisingly splashable cards as well).

So currently I'm considering:
Main Deck
-2 Dark World Lightning
+2 Mystical Space Typhoon
+2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
-1 Torrential Tribute
-1 Mirror Force

And finally...thanks for the help!

more_horiz
Well, if you don't like fiendish maybe Forbidden set can be useful.
As for Trance ,well his +500 is not a big +, but his eff for returning monsters banshed by DAD and Gate is something to think of .
P.S :If you run to a guy called GoldenGemKnight2 using Dark world just ruuuuun....
I am glad i helped Wink.

more_horiz
You want to play the "old school" Dark World deck or the "new" one - Dark World Creator?

more_horiz
L.Lawliet wrote:
You want to play the "old school" Dark World deck or the "new" one - Dark World Creator?

I looked up The Dark Creator...seems like a nice ability. Honestly though, I don't know about this new Dark World Creator deck, so I guess...whichever is more competitive? Although I'm here mainly to get my deck fixed and tuned up, I'm always game for trying new decks.

more_horiz
Judging from recent Regionals/YCS/Nationals the Dark Creator build is more competitive than the old ones.
I've seen people play that, can't say if it's really good or not. Personally I haven't used it and tbh I never were a DW fan. The deck isn't anything special to me.

Anyway, I asked about that cause it's still Dark World and I wanted to know if you want the newer version or the old one.
The list you made it's pretty bad in my opinion. I suggest you look some old DW YCS decks, just so you can get the idea of what you're building. I can say that you aren't using the most optimal build.

3x Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World
1x Fabled Raven
1x Dark Armed Dragon
1x Gorz, The Emissary Of Darkness

Beiige is pretty "meh", you should play copies of Silva/Gold, not him.
Raven is pretty bad, so is DAD in this deck.
Gorz is a terrible card choice. You main 3 Field cards, you can't summon him.

Malefic Stardust is good.

1x Allure of Darkness
2x Dark World Lightning
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
2x Dragged Down Into the Grave

Allure should be played only if you have Trance in the deck, at least that's how I feel about that card.
Lightning is very bad in this time of the format, you shouldn't play it at all.
Heavy/Reborn/Hole - Once you look for old YCS builds, you'll see that most people side those cards. Dark Hole isn't good in this time of the format.
Dragged should be at 3.

2x Mirror Force
1x Deck Devastation Virus
1x Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Solemn Judgment
1x Bottomless Trap Hole

You do not need Mirror Force in the deck.
DDV isn't as needed as EEV.
TT is okay, in a way at least. I still wouldn't play it tho.
SJ isn't needed in your main.
BTH at 1 is pretty random.

For your Spell/Trap line-up you should look into cards like Gateway of the Dark World, Upstart Goblin, Compulsory Evacuation Device, EEV.

more_horiz
Deck updated:

Currently, I need advice on:

Reckless Greed (keep it, put something else in, etc.)

Side Deck (in general)

Extra Deck (what should I add)

more_horiz
Yeah get don't play Malefic stardust. At times it can be helpful, most of the time, it's a dead draw. Also, do not play Gateway to dark world. Add your staples, Dark hole and Heavy storm and 1 upstart. Or if you prefer draw power, go with 3 upstarts. I wouldn't put CED to 3, try running skill drain at 1, if not, it's no big deal. In your extra, don't run 3 levi's, you don't have enough level 3's anyways. Instead, put that at 1 and add Heliopolis and if you decide to run skill drain, run Acid Golem. But stuff to add would be like Zombiestein, Blackship, The string djinn, (Have no idea how to spell his name) or whatever. Hope this helps.

more_horiz
Just got back from testing deck: Soooo much better...I'm completely swarming the field, and my draw power is significantly better. Running 3 Reckless Greeds has actually been pretty good if I have some spells or field spell out, since then the drawback does not really affect me too much (and of course, if I can get two of them activated at the same time, that feels soooo good).

@Fluffytots: So then I'm considering:

-1 Malefic Stardust Dragon

-1 Compulsory Evacuation Device

+1 Heavy Storm

+1 Skill Drain

I don't really like the opponent gaining lifepoints just for one card...should I maybe run Jar of Greed instead?

Oh and for extra deck, I plan on adding everything you suggested. Thanks for the input!

more_horiz
Well, for DW's, it's all about destroying the other persons field and hand then going in to 0TK no matter how high his LP is. It's up to you, I just find that extra +1 very helpful.

more_horiz
Get that "Malefic Stardust Out" ! It is better to add another Trance Archfiend !
Sure "Malefic Stardust" is level 8 same as "Grapha,The Dragon Lord of Dark World"
, but that Stardust is eating your extra deck space ,better to add more support xyz .

more_horiz
Deck updated after viewing some YCS decks; please help fix as much as possible (or even rate might be pretty good too)

more_horiz
We need speed. Upstart > Jar.

+1000 to op is not a big deal.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply