Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Suggest me a few Animes to watch....

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+11
Kaito
ALu
Salader
HyawehHoshikawa
Anzo
Train
mimgrim
Jue Viole Grace
LòKóS
GTempest
Fated Chronos
15 posters

descriptionSuggest me a few  Animes to watch.... EmptySuggest me a few Animes to watch....

more_horiz
I have been racking my brain trying to find some anime to watch lately. Been looking around and doing some research and such. I haven't seen a whole lot of anime, but here is what I have seen.

• Haruhi
  • Angel Beats
  • Clannad and After Story
  • Gurren Lagann
  • xxxHolic
  • FMA: Brotherhood
  • Omamori Himari
  • Highschool DxD
  • Highschool of the Dead
  • Panty and Stocking
  • Infinite Stratos
  • Claymore
  • Inuyasha
  • Dragon Ball, DBZ and DB GT
  • ef - A Tale of Memories
  • Death Note
  • Code Geass
  • Toradora!
  • First 100 eps of Bleach
  • A tiny bit of Naruto
  • First 3 eps of D-Gray Men

I pretty much like Slice of life, romance and/or Harem animes. Probably wouldn't guess that if you seen me Suggest me a few  Animes to watch.... 3974120512. Anyway, I also enjoy paranormal animes and ones that deal with strange powers.

My favourites out of that list are animes like Haruhi and Toradora!. I like action animes sometimes, it just depends on the anime TBH.

descriptionSuggest me a few  Animes to watch.... EmptyRe: Suggest me a few Animes to watch....

more_horiz
Ah Toradora is my fav Romantic Comedy/Slice of Life anime 8D And Gurren Lagann is just the best anime ever...So you have those two already covered. Now lets see what I can come up with.

1. School Rumble - Its probably my third fav Slice of Life/RomComedy. It sometimes goes hit and miss with people but I absolutely love it. I also dont say this much, but if you're going to give it a try watch it in English Dub. Japanese is 99% of the time better IMO but in this case the comedy doesn't transfer as well. It's a bit slow for the first 5 eps but it picks up after and gets absolutely hilarious. Two seasons with 25 episodes a pop if i can recall and theres a few OVAs that are supposed to make up the third season.

2. Beck - This anime caught me and alot of people by surprise. It's fairly good. Definitely a very chill anime with just the right amount of drama to keep things interesting. Basically about this dude whos down on life and eventually meets this girl guitarist and he gets involved with her band and etc etc. Its worth a watch. 26 eps I believe?

3. Full Metal Panic - Definitely reminds me alot of Code Geass. FMP is also my 3rd favorite anime of all time. It has 3 different seasons. (Thankfully theyre making a 4th season this fall. So it should be debuting in a month or so) However one of those seasons (FMP Fumoffu or the second season) is basically a comedy spinoff series (Still the most hilarious anime i've ever seen) but apart from that the other two seasons are the main story. The first season I believe is 25-27 eps and the second true season known as FMP The second Raid is 13 eps I believe.

4. Girls Bravo - I dont know how Ecchi you like your anime to be but this one is pretty funny xD Give it a try if you're into that echhi stuff. I believe it has two seasons with 25 episodes a pop. Its about this dude who has like an allergic reaction to all females except he meets this one chick that doesn't make him break out and stuff. Pretty interesting. Its got like alternate worlds in it as well. Its worth checking out as I said if you dont mind that ecchi stuff xD

I'll post some more some other time but that should hold you for a while!

descriptionSuggest me a few  Animes to watch.... EmptyRe: Suggest me a few Animes to watch....

more_horiz
I was actually considering School Rumble today. Nexus always used to suggest this one to me and I would just shrug it off (If I remember correctly).

I aint afraid of Echhi so no worries. After all I love Omamori Himari (I even have the manga's.). So yeah, I am not the biggest fan of nudity and sexuality but I will deal with it if I like the characters and plot. Himari could have used less sexuality ._. but oh well, Himari was such a tease to the poor boy. I found that aspect funny IMO.

more_horiz
Lol you like same type anime what i like :D Meh Even though its short and a lil bit strange i suggest watch bakumonogatari and nisemonogatari. (Bakumonogatari is better lol) I hope i wrote them rifght its been a while since i last watched them. So yeah its about paranormal, romantic, and some strange stuff. Hmm also i think i will watch some anime of that list of yours :D

more_horiz
Code Lyoko...

Even if that's not specifically a Japanese anime or not even an anime ._.

I had it suggested to me to be good.

more_horiz
I think I know what that is and I will pass on it.

more_horiz
Chrono Crusade, nuff said.

One of my fave animes Q_Q and bloody awsome Suggest me a few  Animes to watch.... 3974120512

more_horiz
The name intrigues me, I love the word Chrono. I will look into it as well.

more_horiz
well if you want your soul a little more crushed than today, i would suggest school days.

more_horiz
Something you serve your taste:

- Another!
- Lives of High school boys
- Blood
- Berserk

more_horiz

hmm...let's see..
Owari no Sekai
oh *****, that one isn't an anime, dammit Maeda QAQ.

oh well, here is the list:

"Puella Magi Madoka Magica"
K-On!, K-On!!, K-On the Movie
Seitokai no Ichizon
Bakuman S1, S2
Kokoro Connect
"Another"
final destination in anime ver.
"Kuroko no Basket"
I'm not actually interested in sport anime but somehow this one intrigues me.
"Durararara"
Sword Art Online
===========================================

for next season's anime, I'd recommend:

Little Busters Because it's Key/Visual Arts.(I've played the Visual Novel, but this one would most definitely be on my download list). See Angel Beats, and then see Clannad

Seitokai no Ichizon (new) because it's Seitokai no Ichizon

Robotics;Notes I can't guarantee, it depends on whether you like dark story or not afterall. I don't even know whether it's a dark story or not sigh.

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shinai Because it's KyoAni.

//Urubochi Gen Original Anime Lol, who cares about title when you have SWAG .-.

Last edited by HyawehHoshikawa on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 6 times in total

more_horiz
pIrate wrote:
Code Lyoko...

Even if that's not specifically a Japanese anime or not even an anime ._.

I had it suggested to me to be good.

^This is a beast of a show

Another similar to this would be Galactik football

more_horiz
You know something? Screw everything you have planned for now and watch Shiki.
It starts with your usual slice of life theme, guy comes back to his old small town and he manages to create such chaos that almost the whole village etc. won't spoil it.

I've seen it 2 years ago and I must say it wholeheartedly that I loved it and somehow I still remember it all.

more_horiz
You didn't watch Naruto or Naruto Shippuden !!! what are you waiting for. You should really watch this anime it's awesome

more_horiz
Best boxing anime- Hajime No Ippo
Other Top sports animes- Prince of Tennis, eyeshield 21, Kuroko's basketball, major
My top favorite animes- Fairy tail, Naruto series, bleach, one piece, death note
Ecchi- Kenichi (fighting anime)
Other really good animes to consider: Hitman reborn, rurouni kenshin, hunter x hunter

more_horiz
hunter x hunter

more_horiz
Future Diaries
Baka & Test
Blue Exorcist
The World God only Knows
Midori Days

I'm sure I can think of more... let me go through my list and I will get back to you.

EDIT:
Fate/Stay Night
Rosario + Vampire
Karin (a.k.a. Chibi Vampire)

ALSO:
If you like Manga...

I highly recommend Mahou Sensei Negima... I give it 100 stars out of 5. Especially for somebody with your tastes. Hands down best manga I've ever seen. No close 2nd for me.

The anime sux though.

more_horiz
This needs to be locked, as fedi necroposted it

more_horiz
Yes this topic was dead long time ago...

Locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply