Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionLocks. (TCP) EmptyLocks. (TCP)

more_horiz
Locks

Well today i'm going to write about locks because i've seen many questions about it in DA card questions.
This Article is to pass the Teacher exam.

1st - What is a lock?
A lock is bassicaly making impossible the activation of one/some card/s by the effect of another card. What that means, it means that if the effect of that another card is activated you could not use the effect of some of your cards at least that you destroy that another card.

2nd - How to make locks.
Well put your opponent in a lock situation is not the most easiest thing to do, but is not neither the hardest thing to do. First you have to evaluate what kind of strategy your opponent is using, and then if you have the right cards make it impossible for him to use his strategy. Example: Your opponent his using a deck that uses a lot of cards that in their effects is writed "...if you send this/a monster/etc to the graveyard...", and you activate Macro Cosmos, there you will be locking him.

3rd - How to prevent locks.
To prevent a lock you have to have in your deck, basic counter-trategy catds(Solemn judgement, Ligthing vortex, heavy storm, Bottomless trap hole). Why? Simple, if you have these cards in your deck the possibilitys of your opponent to summon/activate that "locker card" will be smaller. Example: Your opponent is activating macro cosmos against your strategy, you activate dark bribe or solemn judgement and you negate the activation and destroy it, then the lock will not be succsefull.
Prevention doesn't means that you will be 100% protected of locks but it will help a lot to avoid them.

I decided to make the article about this subject because many people have already asked me about it . I hope it will help you.

Thanks for reading.

L

descriptionLocks. (TCP) EmptyRe: Locks. (TCP)

more_horiz
I will delete those two comments and lock the topic, when the Article is for TCP purposes, no one must comment.

more_horiz
I'm disappointed in this article. You did not make examples of what locks are. The paragraph title was 'How to make locks' yet what was written seemed to be more about preventing locks.

6/10.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply