Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHow to Defeat an Experienced Yu Gi Oh Duelist EmptyHow to Defeat an Experienced Yu Gi Oh Duelist

more_horiz
This will be my last post in DA.
I made this 2 weeks ago with my palls.

Anyone taking part in a Yu Gi Oh duel the first
few times will likely be overwhelmed by more experienced duelists, even
if he thinks he has built the perfect deck. That's because the game is
about strategy as much as it is about the cards. Experienced duelists
always have a thought-out plan that you'll need to beat--here's how.
Read this well because it can surprise you:

Step1
Know
your opponent and the cards he plays. A good player has a deck of cards
that all work together and a basic plan of action around them. You will
probably have to play and lose to him at least once to find out.

Step2
Know
whether to go first or not if you have the choice. If you do not have a
clear plan of action from the beginning, let the opponent go first so
you can plan an attack around what he plays.

Step3
Begin
with magic and trap cards that will destroy your opponent's magic and
trap cards. The best duelists will use these cards as part of their
attack, so get rid of them quickly.

Step4
Follow up with
magic and trap cards that will destroy the opponent's monsters or
negate their attacks, especially the attacks of the strongest monsters.
Taking out your opponent's best attack can have her playing defense the
rest of the way.

Step5
Special summon monsters when you
can, so you'll get multiple monsters on the field. Better yet, play
effect monsters that will counter an opponent's attack, like destroying
the monster, negating the attack or summoning another.

Step6
Have
a backup plan. If your first plan of attack is ruined with your best
monster destroyed, you need to quickly set up a new attack with your
other monsters and spells.

Step7
Get your opponent on the
defensive first. Most duel winners have their opponent summoning
monsters just to protect their life points and eventually wear them
down.

After the duel you'll be proud of your realization.

Last edited by SyN3D on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionHow to Defeat an Experienced Yu Gi Oh Duelist EmptyRe: How to Defeat an Experienced Yu Gi Oh Duelist

more_horiz
nice topic Syned Sad

I wish I could say " waiting for more " but u r leaving

good work

~~~The White Knight~~~

descriptionHow to Defeat an Experienced Yu Gi Oh Duelist EmptyRe: How to Defeat an Experienced Yu Gi Oh Duelist

more_horiz
I absolutely disagree... This Steps are to win with an aggro...
Starting First is an extra advantage. Giving that to your opponent is a mistake. Cards of S/T control are limited, so it is normal to not have 1 in your hand.

more_horiz
a couple notes...

1. Duel Monsters doesn't have Magic cards, it has Spell cards. =/
2. Under step 2, I disagree with how you decide on whether to go 1st or 2nd. OTK decks prefer going 2nd, control decks prefer going 1st. You should base this decision around your own deck more than around your opponent's deck.
3. Under step 3, this is another difference of opinion. I prefer to wait until I am more certain of what the spells and traps being used could be (unless they're face up) before I start destroying them. Spell and Trap destruction effects are somewhat rare and valuable, so you don't want to use up a MST early on just to destroy a Solemn Judgment.
4. Under step 4, I agree with destroying the opponent's powerful monsters with effects. Leave the weaker monsters for your own monsters to take care of rather than wasting effects. I think this step, however, can be misinterpreted. Playing cards like Negate Attack, Widespread Ruin, and Sakuretsu Armor is not as good as playing cards that can actively destroy the monster either before they hit the field or when they hit the field like BTH, TT, and SJ.
5. I have a huge difference of opinion with step 5. Just because you CAN special summon a monster doesn't mean you SHOULD special summon a monster. If you know you'll be able to OTK ftw, then it is ok to summon it. Otherwise, special summoning monsters to the field for no reason other than to deal damage is how you overextend your hand and leave yourself open to attacks later in the duel.

The rest looks fine. Just know that there are a lot of different strategies to dueling and I don't think you can make a general outline of how you should compose yourself in a duel, because every duel is different. The factors of what your deck's strategy is and what your opponent's decks strategy is are too great to be making such generalizations as what this article seems to make. Again, just my opinions.

Article Rating: 5/10 - maybe other would like this article better but I had a lot of differences of opinion with this one.

more_horiz
Maybe that is syned's way to duel with the good duelists.

Maybe this way doesnt suits for every1

more_horiz
First of all, only article team members are allowed to post here... send me an article Via PM(not this one) and I will decide if you are excepted or not.
Topic Closed until then.(see what people mean by you spam and don't read rules, Syned?)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply