Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHabits during an ONLINE duel. EmptyHabits during an ONLINE duel.

more_horiz
I never like to write much, but I think a virus called Amy Cool got to my system last night >_>

I said something about another article about Mind Games ONLINE not on real life like my previous article, I won’t talk much tho, Simply this article will explain some ways to trick your opponent during the duel ONLINE not in RLF.
When you are dueling online, it’s harder to do Mind Games since you can’t see your opponent physical activities, Still I think that even if you are dueling online and same for your opponent you still feel nervous sometimes, because usually we say “Nah, it’s just a game” Fact is not, I hate when I lose, everyone hate when they lose, You hate it when you lose, Rage quit or something, or whatever, The point is everyone is stressed during the duels doesn’t matter if he got an advantage or not, if he got hand or field control or if his Life Point is more than his opponents’. He will stay nervous and no one can change this fact.
I don’t know allot about others, or how they act while they are dueling online but am going to talk as if everyone act the same way as I do, maybe am the only one feels nervous while dueling and hate losing around ?, Who knows anything anyways.
Trick 1:
When you start the duel, if you go first then don’t play your best cards like going for Xyz or Synchro, it’s only the first turn don’t waste your cards. Your opponent will take the wrong idea about you like you are a nub and knows nothing about dueling and fact is that THIS IS WHY you are going down. Your opponent will lose the stress and will no more be nervous since he is thinking that his opponent (witch is you in this case) is a nub knows no ***** about dueling. He will play smooth and nice. If you went first do something smart that makes your opponent think seriously of what his move should be, you might be little nervous but think allot while you are nervous. It helps to stress out a bit, Just play everything face down like few spells and traps, and maybe don’t summon anything Face-up this turn, the first turn is the most important turn because your opponent brain is ready to take an idea about you and your deck, when he can’t find that fast as he expected he will play nervous the whole duel if you did it right.
If you went second, personally don’t wish luck first ^^, you will show your opponent that you are there and have plans or who knows what your opponent might think of you good was it or bad, just wait for him to say “good luck” then you answer “Likewise” or something, Don’t say “you too” lol. It’s not that important, but shows him some self-confidence even if you are not so comfortable there. The idea of confidence is what really matters there, Not sure if you have expressed this feeling before but you should try it out sometimes not mentioning it’s fun to do that ^^
Trick 2: (as I said, I will talk as if everyone act like me)
Usually I comment allot during the duel, doesn’t matter what I might say I just can’t stop talking or trying to be funny, until recently I used to do that like when I get a bad card I don’t take my time thinking and just click on EP and maybe say “meh” or “lol” or “wtf” in the chat and believe it or not it means you just had bad luck. I don’t do that anymore and so is you should, try even if you don’t do anything just don’t end your turn fast just go check your mailbox or something then come back to the game and EP. It’s better that way, your opponent will not play confident like that since he don’t know what to think, or what do think you are thinking and yeah that is deep.
Trick 3:
If your opponent is being funny, and that is cool actually, it makes the stress goes away from both sides. But that is actually annoying if you want to win this duel. Talking much with your opponent will the cut the chain of your thoughts and leave you open and readable to your opponent more than you think. If you and somehow met that sort of opponents just don’t reply much when he talks, And NEVER act tough or like you are some unstoppable duelist with decent deck or something, that called ego not confidence, Confident people NEVER show they are confident that way, neither by being funny or talking much like there is nothing on the line … beside the duel itself of course.
Trick 4:
If you have advantage, try to not say anything about it like “hey, you got bad hands?” or “bad hands mate” or whatever your opponent can answer with “yeah” or “nah”. He might be fooling you actually, and trying to get some extra turns or make you lose your focus for a moment and who knows maybe you forget to attack or set something even and that happens allot actually. If you have advantage, just play normal and when your opponent say something on chat go for “I don’t have time, can you play faster please?” This will make your opponent play reckless without feeling so believe it or not, I know that I’ve been there before.
Trick 5:
If you don’t have advantage there, bad situations, bad cards and just everything hating on you at that moment. You actually should try to make the duel become super boring, make it long, act as you are thinking even if you are not go post at DA something then come back to the duel check your grave, RFGed and then EP. Lol
I do that, it’s fun actually, I hate to be stressed but it’s human nature, sometimes people lose feeling between stress and excitement. They are so not the same in meaning. Your opponent might start cursing lol or whatever, you just keep going playing slow and try to check your grave like 3 times per turn, your opponent will take a picture in his mind that “Monster Reborn or COTH” while you don’t have any, he will build a combo since he thinks you will use your grave and just let him play his cards not as he was planning for. Not a big deal, but try not to reach this point of the duel anyway, it’s not certain that your opponent might do any of this.

This is generally everything needs to be covered, there is more but nothing that important you already read what you need to learn. I don’t duel much online since DN doesn’t work all the time here, also I don’t have time for it so I only duel when the ban list hits or when there is a new combo everyone talks about I go and give it some shots. Just saying so in case you did what mentioned above but it didn’t work xD Since all this was from my perspective and from my duels and only for those that act the same way as I’m during the duel, like 70% of todays’ players online.

(everything mentioned is a personal experience nothing more)

descriptionHabits during an ONLINE duel. EmptyRe: Habits during an ONLINE duel.

more_horiz
i like the article but i just have to say one thing >_< its about the don't play big on first turn though i usually i agree with that some times playing big on your first turn is good it can over whelm your opponet sometimes like lets just sya you get the chance to bring out krysta hyperion and stardust out in your first turn well that right there would overwhelm your opponet something fierce as he can't specia summon and hes limited on destroying cards becuase of stardust another example is the dragunity archetype they are ment for synchroing every turn and bringing out a stardust 1st turn can make your opponet nervous to

all i gots to say

more_horiz
I agree on that, however i was talking about those whom summon Xyz and Brionac on first turn as example lol.

more_horiz
You do know that there will be various times when a 1st turn xyz is the best option right? Depending on your opening hand and the current knowledge available to you, 1st Turn Tour guide into sangan into zenmaines will be the best and safest option available to you a lot. Or if you know your opponent is playing rabbit g1/your going first g2, you go Tour Guide into sangan into leviathan which is one of the best offensive options early game against that deck. If you know the deck your playing inside and out, first move g1s are easy despite your hand. It really shouldnt be about making your opponent feel any different, because its first turn that shouldnt matter much unless you have more knowledge available to you, cause at the current moment you could care less about them. Its about making the best opening play available to you at the time.

And there are more times when a T-set doesn't do anything, especially with the way the format is right now. If im playing against an unknown deck and i go first, and I have Thunder King, you would be stupid not summon it if its the best available option too you, since that one card alone puts so much pressure on the opponent turn 1. If you don't summon anything on the first turn and just set like 2 fds, I can easily assume your hand is subpar I can also test it by summoning tking when i go 2nd: No response, most likely theres a d prison and/or mst which can be confirmed later in the game. Stuff like this alone make things easy to read.

There will also be times when you can attempt to synchro, as an attempt to try and bait out their maxx c early on, so they waste one of their cs and only at best get a one for one from it. And its how they respond to your attempts early on that can help you read them later on, And this especially during online play when random people just love to drop maxx c for no reason with it at best being a one for one, another example that depends on the hand, but these simple things fool them much more.

mimgrim wrote:
i like the article but i just have to say one thing >_< its about the don't play big on first turn though i usually i agree with that some times playing big on your first turn is good it can over whelm your opponet sometimes like lets just sya you get the chance to bring out krysta hyperion and stardust out in your first turn well that right there would overwhelm your opponet something fierce as he can't specia summon and hes limited on destroying cards becuase of stardust another example is the dragunity archetype they are ment for synchroing every turn and bringing out a stardust 1st turn can make your opponet nervous to

all i gots to say

And if they drop maxx c for the first play do you continue? No you dont, which makes that play not very practical first turn against an unknown deck. While that field is strong, the fact is maxx c does exist. And whos to say if you continue, you dont know for sure if they will draw book and dark hole, if its not in their hand already. By giving them so many pluses early on and you have no back up hand you can possibly lose. And i can see them losing because they drew bad. Regardless winning because you wanted to drop your entire hand opening play against an unknown deck, under the pressure of a maxx c is pretty awful. The only time making a move like this can be justified is if most of their outs are gone and/or you know for sure what they are playing. Its different for something like rabbit where of course they will go off ]most of the time under maxx c to control the board but they only used 1 card, and you +1 for maxx c. and then their are similar situations in that matchup that force them to think if u play maxx c at the right time when have gold sar and tour guide

And Dragunities are a very obvious example since thats what deck does. Regardless every generic side deck card wrecks the deck, as well as maxx c generating a potential +3 if they continue. Not to mention that stardust itself is very easy to take out this format.

Anyways the rest of the stuff I cant personally relate too, because I dont care much for DN, with the only times i like to use it is if i have a regional coming up or if im testing for a YCS and a new deck is gonna premier. Regardless most of the time I respond with "sure" "uhum" "thats fine" "k" etc unless its causal game and/or i know the person personally. So everything varies with the person but i myself feel that regardless of what they say, you cant really absorb it too much cause its online, and like I said varies from person to person depending on if they just play this game online and/or if they play in real life too.

more_horiz
Pretty much true, however i didn't specify a card in the first turn like Rai-Oh or Maxx "C" or Tour guid, so i was speaking in the general form of players, when they just go for their best option during the first turn while they have no idea what the opponent is using witch is probably the first round of a match only. Single duels and testing for regional or dueling one of your friends is not the same, since no one is nervous when he/she is dueling a friend, the duel will be fun and no one will hate it much when he lose, since he was dueling a friend and specially if he knows that his friend isn't weak.

The second part is that each deck has different of plays within it, so of course i couldn't cover everything, Generally there is no specifications about if the article is for Meta or Anti-Meta users, As your TKR example.

Spells and Traps first turn makes the opponent uncomfortable sometimes actually, not all times. But if you are dueling someone that his skills is not so known to you, you can't just assume he is having bad times, neither he is having D Prison or Mirror force, and vise reverse.

Summoning a monster first turn is 50/50 play, you can't say it's good neither bad, it's hard to judge since it's all about your opening hand and if you are playing a match or single duel vs someone anonymous or someone well known to you.

more_horiz
Overall it's a bad idea to play out your entire hand on the very first turn of the duel. Sure you can play a huge beatstick or two, but when $#%^ hits the fan you want to have a back-up plan that'll save you from instantaneous loss.

more_horiz
You: herp derp 3 shi-en in one turn.
Opponent: Herp Derp heavy storm (negate)
Herp Derp mind control (negate)
Herp Derp book of moon (negate)
Herp Derp Dark hole (Can't negate)

more_horiz
herp derp wth ._.

more_horiz
lol i had some one negate hero city with shi en when i didn't have any heroes in the grave. it was funny. on topic tho the best way to play mind games with your opponent is to troll them, that way they will be really mad and can't think when they duel. it's easy just follow these simple steps.

#1: troll them.

#2 sit back and watch as they rage *jadentrollface*

Habits during an ONLINE duel. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZRPO7xVY01i6HeI4493NMrFHwptkrCF2PJBdxh89cYI4voIo3PV87sXbUrw

more_horiz
People invent different ways to troll during a children cards game. Habits during an ONLINE duel. 1854617810

more_horiz
@ rebornshadow - i was jsut talking in general about them of course if the play maxx "c" i would stop i was basicly saying if they dont drop maxx "c" (i've only had maxx "c" used on me once @_@) also stardust can be a good opening card for the first turn even if its easy to get rid of this format it can still help some as a first turn move for example i play future fusion and then i play ravine and maby set a MST and bring out stardust first turn well opp play heavy i can negate with SD and keep my back row sure it will leave me open to a direct attack but keeping that bakcrow is better XD

@ jaden - ive never ever seen you troll any one in a duel Oh Shit

@ harbinger - shien is limited so 1 shien is all you have to deal with ^_^

more_horiz
Mimgrim:
Habits during an ONLINE duel. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqbN26FG0L47rfFq7TFsxXTwk_WHmJzzvkl5mbA82hz1D0kLcrow

more_horiz
Habits during an ONLINE duel. Yu_Gi_Oh_Demotivational_by_Cherry_sama

That's a pretty cool article you got over there, I had alot of fun reading it Smile Pictures aside, I like to Habits during an ONLINE duel. 3147896512 my opponent, but i often Habits during an ONLINE duel. 2276801876 when I get sacked.

more_horiz
Funny how my article became troll spot for troll masters. Habits during an ONLINE duel. 3147896512

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply