Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel Academy World Championship 2015!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
Ezekeil
Etwizzy
Anzo
Booked
faervel
Quasar
Train Heartnet
ScottyAdams
Jv
DeathStalker
PowerNova
DDS
16 posters

descriptionDuel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 EmptyDuel Academy World Championship 2015!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Hello ladies and gents, and welcome to Duel Academy World Championship 2015!

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Duel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 17432710

Every year Duel Academy host World Championship in different manners, using different set of rules and matching system. In 2014 we started taking this more seriously, and used Groups Stage system to host the event. The World Championship is unique and should be treated that way. Winning a tournament is a great deal, it proves who is experienced and who is getting there. However, winning a World Championship proves who is the best, not only that, but it also proves who is interested in having the title of World Champion. This year, we went with a series of Qualifier Tournaments. The winners of each of those tournaments received an exclusive invitation to be part of the 2015 World Championship hosted here at Duel Academy. This method has been proven successful and also competitive at the same time.

For 6 months we hosted several World Championship Qualifiers (WCQ), and we got ourselves 12 out of the 16 participants for the World Championship through these qualifier tournaments. The remaining 4 participants were selected based on DA Circuit results and win ratios, and also while taking activity and interest in the community as a solid ground on who should be taking part in this.
The winners of these WCQ are the following members:

WCQ October: psychoturtle + Justin Rex

WCQ November: Occupiefall + Jv18

WCQ December: PowerNova + s{EX} Magician of Chaos

WCQ January: Atlus + WondeRy

WCQ February: UniqueHope + BTS

WCQ March: Bubbles + prelsav39

Now, when the time came to host the event: We contacted each of those winners and asked whether they were prepared to duke it out in the World Championship they so rightfully happen to earn a spot at; most of them failed to respond in time or simply didn't show enough interest in the tournament, so we had to improvise and pick other individuals based on our personal opinion as a concerned Staff team who really wants this event to be successful.
The current list of participants of the 2015 World Championship is as follows:

Jv
WondeRy
Quasar
PowerNova
Deathstalker
NightBot
Books
ScottyAdams
Tequila
Ezekeil
faervel
Train Heartnet

Keep in mind, some of those earned their spot by winning WCQ, others by topping DA Circuit, and others by simply being active and showing potential throughout the entire year by competing in various events and countless number of tournaments - we guarantee to you, that all of the participants above had earned their spot here, in one way or another; there is no pulling favours in this one.

Now without further ado, lets introduce you to the tournament rules. In This WC, we're going to use Konami World championship Banlist,  Here is a visual representation of the Worlds Banlist the same rules that applied to that tournament also apply to this one, the set cut is Before CORE TCG and no Exclusives (From everywhere, Including Manga & Duelist Pack: Battle City). This tournament will use 4 Swiss-Rounds to decide our top cut, where the top 4 will duel it out single elimination style until we have our World Champion!

Prizes:

1st Place: 25$ Amazon Gift Card + 20.000 Duel Points
2nd Place: 15.000 Duel Points + Free Custom Rank Title
3rd Place: 10.000 Duel Points
4th Place: 5.000 Duel Points

Swiss results

http://challonge.com/DAWC2K15swiss

Elimination Brackets

http://challonge.com/DAWC2K15ELIM

Results

1st place Jv

2nd place Train Heartnet

3rd place PowerNova

4th place faervel

Last edited by DDS on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:44 am; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing tournament information)

descriptionDuel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 EmptyRe: Duel Academy World Championship 2015!

more_horiz
fok u quasar taking so long to report. 0-2 Quasar won

descriptionDuel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 EmptyRe: Duel Academy World Championship 2015!

more_horiz
^yeah Gg

more_horiz
Lets push for either today or first thing once I'm off work tomorrow. It'll be about 9-10pm your time
@Tequila

more_horiz
I will try my handsome Wink

more_horiz
Good luk ppl

more_horiz
@wondery when!

more_horiz
I won vs faervel 2:0, ggs

more_horiz
The OTK :O
Ggs ^.^

more_horiz
Jv wrote:
@wondery when!

I have midterms this week but I will be online @ evenings (which sucks for you I guess :D)

more_horiz
that's bad because is like 4 am here. _.

more_horiz
2-0 for me vs @wondery

ggs

#ZebraBlessing

more_horiz
Active. I'll be on starting 4:45PM (GMT-5) for a couple hours during the week
@Tequila

more_horiz
Won 2-1 over DeathStalker

more_horiz
Yup. First 2-1 match so far xD

more_horiz
Jv wrote:
2-0 for me vs @wondery

ggs

#ZebraBlessing

confirmed chet

more_horiz
#Zebraforce

more_horiz
Sorry @PowerNova I am trying but these past couple weeks just arnt cooperating.... I usally always on at that time.

more_horiz
Shameless BUMP. DUEL

more_horiz
Hope to catch you tomorrow
@Tequila

more_horiz
I did trying catching you the day before yesterday, I got on at 1am my time but you was already gone (typical Duel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 3974120512 )

more_horiz
I know that feeling ^

Speechless Nova.

You can meet the weekend maybe

more_horiz
Tequila wrote:
I did trying catching you the day before yesterday, I got on at 1am my time but you was already gone (typical Duel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 3974120512 )

Weekend may be only option, otherwise one will either be up late or early to catch the other

more_horiz
Nova won 2-0 Wink GG

more_horiz
tellarknight everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

more_horiz
Tequila wrote:
Nova won 2-0 Wink GG

Confirming. GGz Yea @Jv kudos to @WondeRy for piloting something else. I spent too much time preparing something I end up not being able to use Duel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 3974120512

more_horiz
Speechless Bump.

We should proceed, ezekeil schedule is near impossible. so Yeah ._. 

@ezekeil did you remember you are in?

more_horiz
Actually, I've been planning to get my duel done tomorrow. I don't have school tomorrow so I can be around all day.

Sorry for the huge delay.

more_horiz
real life. the struggle is real

All good bro, hopefully Scotty will be on too

more_horiz
Okay set a schedule with @scottyadams then.

cheers.

more_horiz
@Ezekeil the Mop Dropped.

Duel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 ZG49tjF

Duel Academy World Championship 2015! - Page 4 OUGSJIu

Round 3 now!

Last edited by Jv on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply